babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
MPG... What's the problem? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: MPG... What's the problem? (/Thread-MPG-What-s-the-problem)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - mirage - 19-03-2013 02:23pm

(19-03-2013 02:03pm)KaDargo Wrote:  I have just over 11,000 and if anything it is slightly worse

Mind you, a lot of shorter runs at the moment (was ave 35.4, now 33.8 - brim to brim calculated)

I did recently do a long trip which was M23, M25, M40 to Oxford + some A roads and back, and the computer ave hit 40 ish at one point, but as soon as you hit traffic or queues it rapidly drops.

I was saying to SWMBO last night about the bad MPG and what people on here are saying, and then said 'But I don't care, 'cos I love this car so much anyway :lolSmile

Thanks me too Very Happy

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - speary - 19-03-2013 02:59pm

To be honest I think all of us motorists might shoot ourselves in the foot if we are not careful. It would appear that most cars cant achieve the stated consumption figures or the CO2 figures either. If we just use the official consumption figures as a comparison against similar cars we wont be too dissapointed. Pushing for more clarity and accuracy from the makers will also reveal the true CO2 figures. All CO2 outputs would rise, and guess what? we will all be in a higher tax band and it will cost us. Dont expect the government to lower the cost of your new higher band to compensate when in reallity they would rake in millions more in taxes
Be careful what you wish for Wink

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - XFullFatTim - 19-03-2013 08:37pm

Well my car has only been from home to the dealers for a TSB on the Battery Management System since Dec7th and today I refuelled............... http://www.fuelly.com gives 18mpg, do I break the record for low consumption on an SD4? They only had the car for 3 hours so however hard were they driving it between my house and the dealership and back.......... I thought it odd when I left it with a brimmed tanks and got back to a 2/3rds full tank and it has only covered 64 miles in 3 months......

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - PhilSkill - 19-03-2013 09:17pm

Ouch, wouldn't be asking them to collect my car again Tim, Sounds like they ragged the hell out of it. Even on spirited runs I get high 20's, or maybe they charged the battery by leaving it running for a day Shocked

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - Mark_H - 19-03-2013 11:11pm

I collected my eD4 on Monday evening. I've done 150 mies since and the average mpg is 41.2 mpg.....very impressed so far.....

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - Tosh - 02-04-2013 09:30am

I will stop complaining about mine. I towed 350 miles yesterday and managed to get nearly 22mpg in the process! GULP

Mind you, it does trundle along nicely in the vicinity of the speed limit...

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - Oldcharlierum - 02-04-2013 07:50pm

Picked up my new Pure 5 door ed4 on Saturday. I've covered 350 miles so far, mainly motorway but also some mixed 30-40 mph roads. So far according to the car's trip computer I've got 44.2mpg.

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - Evo-king - 03-04-2013 06:40pm

I've bought a new Alfa Romeo 2.0JTD with TwinClutchTransmission gearbox.

You should see the comments on the Alfa forum re fuel consumption.

The problem is the same with all manufacturers, the measuring process is flawed but at least it is common to all cars.

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - XFullFatTim - 03-04-2013 06:59pm

Well my trip computer managed to get up to 46mpg thus afternoon on the long downhill off Shap coming south, sat on the cruise at a sedate 70.
Didn't last long but pleased to arrive in the Wirral having averaged
42mpg from Stirling and a lot of uphill as far as Shap. The cool outside temperatures and free moving traffic helps

RE: MPG... What's the problem? - KaDargo - 04-04-2013 03:33pm

I have worked out that if I fuelled up at a motorway service station, and drove at 70 mph or less till on the motorway network without stopping or jams Laughing till it ran out, I would average 40-45 all the way.