babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Parking sensor alarm problem - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Parking sensor alarm problem (/Thread-Parking-sensor-alarm-problem)

Parking sensor alarm problem - liesel - 27-12-2012 07:54pm

Hi guys,

I have had my dynamic for nearly 3 months now and have had no problems until today.

Every time i switch the ignition on the parking sensor alarm goes off continuously for about 30 seconds. It makes no difference if I switch from drive to reverse or vice versa.

Has any one else had this problem or does anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks

RE: Parking sensor alarm problem - muff - 27-12-2012 07:59pm

(27-12-2012 07:54pm)liesel Wrote:  Hi guys,

I have had my dynamic for nearly 3 months now and have had no problems until today.

Every time i switch the ignition on the parking sensor alarm goes off continuously for about 30 seconds. It makes no difference if I switch from drive to reverse or vice versa.

Has any one else had this problem or does anyone know what to do about this?

Thanks

My Merc's front parktronic does this if the front sensors are frozen or if I am in a car wash and they have had water blasted at them. Stops after 20 secs or so unless frozen and they will wail for ages. Was your sensors exposed to excess water?

RE: Parking sensor alarm problem - XFullFatTim - 29-12-2012 05:34am

Salt spread on the roads can also cause probes for parking sensors if you don't keep them clean

RE: Parking sensor alarm problem - liesel - 29-12-2012 10:28am

There has been a lot of water around lately, and also salt on the roads.

I will try going through the water slower, and cleaning the sensors.

Thank you!