babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alarm behaviour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Alarm behaviour (/Thread-Alarm-behaviour)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Alarm behaviour - PhilSkill - 17-04-2013 03:23pm

It's an overall identifier, but be good to know if it changes once you have had your update...

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 18-04-2013 05:16pm

Finally had the software uploaded to the car today, I will keep you posted.

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjh - 18-04-2013 08:48pm

(17-04-2013 10:22am)cjh Wrote:  will do, but i can't until tomorrow eve. It was interesting that there was some confusion between the service manager and technician at Hereford Land Rover that actually did the work whether the software had been updated, the paperwork I was shown apparently said it was updated. Anyway will post the software version installed on my Evoque tomorrow.

Well here is the software version number: 3782_121019

Has anyone who also has had the update done got a different version number?

RE: Alarm behaviour - RacingSnake - 18-04-2013 10:15pm

see previous page

RE: Alarm behaviour - MarkLondon - 19-04-2013 01:47pm

Just got my car back from Hadley Green and can confirm that the software version shown is still the same as before (3782_121019), so I assume that a specific software fix doesn't change the overall version number.

Now fingers crossed for no more alarms!

RE: Alarm behaviour - RacingSnake - 19-04-2013 02:26pm

^^^ interesting, then I guess there is no real way for us to know!

RE: Alarm behaviour - Power14 - 19-04-2013 02:37pm

I would take it from that, the software version reported by the Radio/Sat Nav unit is only reporting what software is installed to run that unit, and not what the vehicles management software is.

RE: Alarm behaviour - footwacker - 19-04-2013 03:18pm

(19-04-2013 02:37pm)Power14 Wrote:  I would take it from that, the software version reported by the Radio/Sat Nav unit is only reporting what software is installed to run that unit, and not what the vehicles management software is.

Maybe an OBD11 tester can interrogate the alarm controller. I'm abroad at the moment but will give it a go next week when I return. And yes I have the same alarm problem and I have told the local dealer who says forums are full of misinformation and can't be trusted! My response was that if so many people bother to go online and report their problem as well as talking to the dealer then there clearly must be a problem. He was non-committal as to whether there was in fact any problem with the alarm!!
However he was prepared to book the car in and look at the problem. Wow grateful or what. If there is a fix the neighbours will be happy and I will not be ashamed to say I own an Evoque at last..

RE: Alarm behaviour - Kojak - 19-04-2013 06:22pm

(19-04-2013 03:18pm)footwacker Wrote:  I have the same alarm problem and I have told the local dealer who says forums are full of misinformation and can't be trusted! My response was that if so many people bother to go online and report their problem as well as talking to the dealer then there clearly must be a problem. He was non-committal as to whether there was in fact any problem with the alarm!!

Next time you see him you may care to mention that the 2 main forums have regular visits from LR customer care reps.
And that they (Liam and the replacement for Kelly when on on board) would happily confirm to him that there is a software issue resulting in an alarm problem.

True enough, our on line meeting places will not always represent true proportion and scale of issues because human nature is that customers come out fighting when they have an issue but there is hardly ever smoke without fire either.

Your dealer sounds ignorant to me and if it's Harwoods Crawley by any chance they are aware of the issue as I know other customers who have complained.

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjfp - 19-04-2013 06:59pm

(19-04-2013 02:26pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  ^^^ interesting, then I guess there is no real way for us to know!

My version didnt change after i had software updates at the service in Jan, so i agree that there is no real way to check - still waiting to book mine in for this alarm fix