babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alarm behaviour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Alarm behaviour (/Thread-Alarm-behaviour)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: Alarm behaviour - WB - 17-04-2013 09:16am

(17-04-2013 01:07am)cjh Wrote:  LR, you now have one fuming customer.......my Evoques alarm has gone off AGAIN, just the siren for 20 seconds, that fix worked well didn't it. Both barrels loaded and waiting for the service dept to open later this morning!!!! Not bloody impressed at all.

Perhaps ask for proof that they have applied the software fix - who is your dealer?

RE: Alarm behaviour - RacingSnake - 17-04-2013 09:50am

If the fix was a software update, can you post up the software versions you have?

I too have 'the fix' so, would be interesting to see if we're all on the same version?!

RE: Alarm behaviour - cjh - 17-04-2013 10:22am

(17-04-2013 09:50am)RacingSnake Wrote:  If the fix was a software update, can you post up the software versions you have?

I too have 'the fix' so, would be interesting to see if we're all on the same version?!

will do, but i can't until tomorrow eve. It was interesting that there was some confusion between the service manager and technician at Hereford Land Rover that actually did the work whether the software had been updated, the paperwork I was shown apparently said it was updated. Anyway will post the software version installed on my Evoque tomorrow.

RE: Alarm behaviour - WB - 17-04-2013 10:45am

(17-04-2013 10:22am)cjh Wrote:  will do, but i can't until tomorrow eve. It was interesting that there was some confusion between the service manager and technician at Hereford Land Rover that actually did the work whether the software had been updated, the paperwork I was shown apparently said it was updated. Anyway will post the software version installed on my Evoque tomorrow.

So sounds like there's a chance they didn't do it which in some ways would be good news. Otherwise the fix potentially doesn't work.

Seems odd that Liam hasn't been back on to tell us what the fix does...

RE: Alarm behaviour - CRC@LandRover - 17-04-2013 10:53am

(17-04-2013 10:45am)WB Wrote:  So sounds like there's a chance they didn't do it which in some ways would be good news. Otherwise the fix potentially doesn't work.

Seems odd that Liam hasn't been back on to tell us what the fix does...

Hi WB,

I am currently looking into this case to see if the update has been done. The update was released to cure both battery drain and the alarm concern. The reason for the alarm going off was because the software originally released to cure the battery drain fault was causing the alarm to go off, so the engineers needed to re-engineer this.

Kind regards,
Liam

RE: Alarm behaviour - RacingSnake - 17-04-2013 11:13am

(17-04-2013 10:53am)Liam@LandRover Wrote:  Hi WB,

I am currently looking into this case to see if the update has been done. The update was released to cure both battery drain and the alarm concern. The reason for the alarm going off was because the software originally released to cure the battery drain fault was causing the alarm to go off, so the engineers needed to re-engineer this.

Kind regards,
Liam
That's interesting... as now you mention it, I did previously have the battery drain problem (documented on here), following which then developed the alarm issue.

Still, just sitting back waiting to hear if mine goes off now!

OK, my software version... assuming I've got the right screen Laughing
3366_120109

RE: Alarm behaviour - XFullFatTim - 17-04-2013 12:45pm

That figures why mine has now started occasionally sounding its alarm in the middle of the night as I had the BMS software update in early March

RE: Alarm behaviour - MarkLondon - 17-04-2013 02:06pm

Mine is going in to Hadley Green for the alarm fault upgrade tomorrow. Interestingly enough, they have told me that they need the car for at least a day, which seems at odds with the 30 minute fix that has been mentioned before.

Maybe they want to thoroughly inspect and check the update after installation?

Also some people are mentioning replacement bonnet catches??

I've never had any of the battery issues, just the alarm fault.

RE: Alarm behaviour - RacingSnake - 17-04-2013 02:21pm

Just on that, mine didn't get any changed bonnet switches, but they did change the alarm 'sounder'.... now this may have been a stab in the dark before the fix came in (they had my car for over 3 weeks)... but we'll see.

RE: Alarm behaviour - MarkLondon - 17-04-2013 02:31pm

(17-04-2013 11:13am)RacingSnake Wrote:  That's interesting... as now you mention it, I did previously have the battery drain problem (documented on here), following which then developed the alarm issue.

Still, just sitting back waiting to hear if mine goes off now!

OK, my software version... assuming I've got the right screen Laughing
3366_120109

My Evoque is an MY13 and currently has software version 3782_121019. This is pre alarm fix, which will happen tomorrow. I wonder if the version # will change or is that an overall identifier?