babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Alarm behaviour - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Alarm behaviour (/Thread-Alarm-behaviour)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Alarm behaviour - Teetree - 25-03-2013 03:47pm

(25-03-2013 03:28pm)Nantmoel Wrote:  A BIG BIG thanks to Liam.

It's amazing isn't it, my dealer only started giving a damn and became less ignorant and more interested in resolving my complaints after Liam got involved! From the looks of this forum it would seem Liam s going to be extremely busy!

RE: Alarm behaviour - XFullFatTim - 25-03-2013 04:59pm

Involving LRCS often gives service outlets a wake-up call...................... one thing I have found with dealing with service managers is that often we, the owners, know more about TSB's and recall, bu fixes etc than the service teams and that's because we read the internet and TOPIX, you would be amazed how many techy people don't know when technical bulletins are issued or that there might be one covering your issue. It was only because I knew the VIN numbers of a group of RRS's that had been built without part of the emissions cold weather pre-heater through RRSport.co.uk and Topix way back in 2005 that I was able to show the service manager that my car had an issue - he was not aware of it up to then!

RE: Alarm behaviour - broady43 - 25-03-2013 11:15pm

Took my car to the dealers this morning because I was sick of being woke up in the night by the alarm.They are keeping it in overnight and said they will ring me tomorrow sometime,I just hope they can sort it out.

RE: Alarm behaviour - XFullFatTim - 25-03-2013 11:25pm

And they will have somebody in the workshop all night to listen for the alarm???? You will get it back tomorrow with the comment that they couldn't find anything wrong with it...............

RE: Alarm behaviour - broady43 - 26-03-2013 04:55pm

Got a phone call today off the dealer and they gave me 2 choices,1- have the cars software put back to when the battery got low or 2- leave it as it is with the alarm going off and wait until another software update arrives in about 2 weeks.I took the latter,I shall just have to sleep with the car keys next to my bed !

RE: Alarm behaviour - Nantmoel - 26-03-2013 06:22pm

(26-03-2013 04:55pm)broady43 Wrote:  Got a phone call today off the dealer and they gave me 2 choices,1- have the cars software put back to when the battery got low or 2- leave it as it is with the alarm going off and wait until another software update arrives in about 2 weeks.I took the latter,I shall just have to sleep with the car keys next to my bed !

Give Liam on here a PM, that is just a terrible response from the dealer! There is a fix all be it temporary one they should have at lease uploaded this one to your car whilst they had it. This is typical of a Landrover dealership, I can only wonder what the charge LR for all this so called work.

RE: Alarm behaviour - XFullFatTim - 26-03-2013 06:31pm

Even Liam cannot get cars booked into service bays if the dealers don't have any time available - found that out with my battery problem, it was two weeks before the local dealership could get my car booked in for it's 2 hour appointment! OK so mine was to go in during the first week of March when the dealers doubtless claimed they were snowed under with new car deliveries................

RE: Alarm behaviour - Offroadstu - 26-03-2013 08:08pm

The upgrade software on mine has been on it for over 3 weeks now with no false alarms, also never had any battery issues.

The dealership car plug the computer in and see when the last false alarm was so no need to make a mechanic sleep in the car park.

RE: Alarm behaviour - CRC@LandRover - 28-03-2013 09:39am

Hi all,

Land Rover is aware of the on-going alarm issue surrounding the Evoque. We understand that it is causing customer dissatisfaction and we have a dedicated team working towards a permanent solution.

I am pushing for an update and should have more information by the end of the week.

I apologise on behalf of Land Rover for any inconvenience this has caused. I also thank you for your patience whilst we work towards the elimination of the issue.

Please contact me directly if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,
Liam

RE: Alarm behaviour - CRC@LandRover - 28-03-2013 01:21pm

Hi all,

I hope you are well.

I wanted to provide you with an update on the Alarm concern on the Evoque. I have spoken with our engineering team today who have confirmed that the fix is imminent and will be out in April, as soon as I get a release date I will update you accordingly.

Thank you all for your patience in this matter I know how much of an inconvenience this has been for you all. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.

Kind regards,
Liam