babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) (/Thread-Need-help-to-finalize-spec-Monday-8th)

Pages: 1 2

Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - paulelescoces - 06-08-2011 11:21am

Hi, I need to finalize my spec for 18th Aug... but as I am going on Holiday that basically means Monday (8th).

I have a bit of a dilemma... current spec is as follows:

- Dynamic SD4 Auto
- Fuji White
- Vortex (black) interior with Ivory roof lining.
- Panoramic Roof with contrast Black
- Adaptive Dynamics
- 20in Style 6 (not standard in Germany)
- Tecknik Packet (P2) (tailgate, parking sensors, viewcamera, nav system)

however... I have never seen the car in the flesh... but going of some comments in this forum I am doubting the interior quality vs. the Prestige (leather dashboard, rear vents, oxford leather seats, lack of seat height adjust).... the Prestige is only approx 1000€ more expensive in germany... while one option could be Dynamic + Dynamic Plus pack the other half is not convinced with the seat design..... on the other side I do like the outside design of the Dynamic.

So onto the dilemma...
Option1) Stick with the specced dynamic.... and accept the "interior differences"...
Option2) Switch to Prestige with Vibe (Black) interior... rest of spec would stay as above but would probably spec the roof in white (don't think the contrast roof in black matches as well with the Prestige).

Specifically for those who have seen the car in the flesh.. any last advice? I am leaning now for option 2.

RE: Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - XFullFatTim - 06-08-2011 11:40am

Option 2 without the contrast roof but add the Adaptive Ride to go with the 20" wheels or go for the Dynamic Plus. You don't mention if you are going for Coupe or 5 door

RE: Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - berlin2011 - 06-08-2011 11:48am

Option 2

Here are two pics of the Prestige in Fuji with black contrast roof. A little confusing though since the mirrors are black as well (which they should not be). I actually think it could work…but then the white roof good as well.

Should help decide on the contrast roof though.

[Image: 6007272052_ab59d2d823_b.jpg]

[Image: 6007273790_578142d7af_b.jpg]

RE: Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - Daigriff - 06-08-2011 12:24pm

If the interior is more important then it's got to be the prestige imho. The interior was the most important for me so had to go with prestige.

RE: Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - Blackseries - 06-08-2011 12:49pm

James Mays TG Evoque was a White Prestige without contrast roof (but with panoramic) OK its got 19" wheels but it will give you an idea of the colour combo on the move. I think white looks better without the contrast roof for some reason .... but that’s just my opinion.

RE: Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - CSJ - 06-08-2011 01:07pm

This is the same difficult decision loads of us are trying to make.

For me the exterior of the Dynamic is better as there is a greater use of body colour and less black plastic. I am sure that JLR will replace the black bumpers on the Prestige in 2 years and that will instantly date the Prestige (as BMW have done with some of their cars). The rounded black bumpers on the Prestige for me dont do it justice and should not be on a car which costs so much. I am not saying that the Prestige looks in any way bad, just that the Dynamic looks more for the money.

On the other hand the ineriors of the Prestige look amazing, and this is, after all, the place where the driver will spend most of their time. the quality of the leather and the leather dash makes the interior a special place whereas the interior of the Dynamic to me looks more like an Audi (which is not necessarily a bad thing but maybe not what people want in a Range Rover.

For me a big issue is the Adaptive Dynamics which are Standard on the Dynamic (in the UK) but a cost option of £1,150 on the Prestige. Every car review I have so far found has reviewed a car which has been fitted with this, so all the great comments I have read about ride and comfort can only be considered relevent with this system. If you add in the cost of the upgrade to the wheels of £450 for the Prestige it starts to get pricey.

So to get a Prestige to be more like a Dynamic I think you are looking at £1,150 for the suspension, £450 for the wheels, about £100 for metal pedals (which look great), and to colour code the bumpers about £1,500 (JLR dealer estimate). This excludes any changing of bumpers or putting a Dynamic exhaust look on the Prestige. Just these additions put £3,200 onto the price of the Prestige. Thats quite a high price to pay to get the extra leather quality. Also it wont be reflected in residuals when you want to replace (although residual values should not sway your judgement to much in getting the car that you want).

All these things come down to personal preference. I am putting my order in next week and I still can't decide.

I guess the conclusion I am coming to is that if I want the best drivers car I should go for the Dynamic and if I want a plush interior I should go for the Prestige. Its all a no brainer if I cant stretch to the Adaptive Dynamic suspension tho as that is a must have for me and its only standard on the Dynamic.

Just my thoughts having spent ages thinking about this - the one thing I am sure about is that this is a great looking car in whatever form you take it, I am sure that everyone will be delighted about whichever one they get!

RE: Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - SW6RR - 06-08-2011 01:23pm

Agree with CSJ... I ordered a prestige with bells and whistles (including AD). I do think that the dynamic bodywork looks slightly better but IMHO, most people probably won't give two hoots about the difference after a few months... provided they get the rest of their car right for them!

RE: Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - paulelescoces - 06-08-2011 02:21pm

Thanks for the Input, I think cementing my idea to switch to Prestige.

It is maybe slightly easier here as neither AD/20inchStyle6 are not standard on Dynamic so is a cost option either way...

I did not mention above but I am getting a 5 door... while I do think that the 3 door looks slightly better I prefer the practicality of the 5 door.

Thanks, Paul

RE: Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - DynamicRRV - 06-08-2011 02:33pm

Dynamic everytime IMHO as I just cannot see the prestige in a better than dynamic light but that's just my opinion.

RE: Need help to finalize spec (Monday 8th) - paulelescoces - 07-08-2011 07:10pm

hi, all you lucky folks who have seen the Evoque in York.... any additions/more thoughts on the Prestige vs. Dynamic?

I am desperate and still undecided here Confused