babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Heated Seats. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Heated Seats. (/Thread-Heated-Seats)

Heated Seats. - Evo-king - 28-11-2012 09:38pm

I discovered something last night and this morning about the heated seats.

Only the base of the seat and the lumbar area gets warm.

However, the outsides of my thighs felt cold when the heated seats were on, I then realised that the side squabs don't get heat. This feels really odd.

RE: Heated Seats. - Jonathon555 - 02-12-2012 08:58pm

Yep i have also noticed this

But they get hot hot hot

RE: Heated Seats. - Tulabb - 03-12-2012 12:30am

I noticed this but that's warm enough to warm up my whole body so it didn't matter. I have been putting it on the last 2 days (only collected on fri) for fairly short journeys of around 10 miles. Will this drain my batt?

RE: Heated Seats. - speary - 03-12-2012 09:49am

(28-11-2012 09:38pm)Evo-king Wrote:  I discovered something last night and this morning about the heated seats.

Only the base of the seat and the lumbar area gets warm.

However, the outsides of my thighs felt cold when the heated seats were on, I then realised that the side squabs don't get heat. This feels really odd.

Seems like you need an electric blanket Snigger

RE: Heated Seats. - Dwwren - 16-02-2017 09:15pm

Can anyone please give an idea of how long the seats should take to heat, before I report it as a fault? My 2016 autobiography takes fully 10 mins to feel anything. After another 10 mins they need turned down. I'd appreciate if you could all give me an idea of how long yours take. Cheers.

RE: Heated Seats. - XFullFatTim - 17-02-2017 06:00am

Do you have "climate" seats or just heated ones? If Climate then it may have something to do with the warm air system warming up but then I think 10 minutes is also quite long. Might be worth getting the dealership to look. The heated seats in the various cars I have had with them have always warmed up pretty quickly.

RE: Heated Seats. - PhilSkill - 17-02-2017 10:18am

Mine heat up in a couple of minutes, by 5 mins I've turned down to 1, and by 10 minutes I have to turn it off as too hot.

Maybe newer models they've reduced the heater so it doesn't get so hot that you can't have it on? Or as Tim says different options may work differently.

What year and spec do you have?

RE: Heated Seats. - Dwwren - 17-02-2017 10:35am

Thanks for your replies. Yes, they are climate seats, (with massage option). It's difficult to tell if they use warm air or have regular heating elements.

Thanks for your replies. Yes, I have climate seats, (with massage option).

Should have said, 2017 Autobiography.