babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Trade purchase of Supercar - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Everything Else (/Forum-Everything-Else)
+---- Thread: Trade purchase of Supercar (/Thread-Trade-purchase-of-Supercar)

Trade purchase of Supercar - jiggyjaggy - 17-11-2012 07:15pm

Hi guys looking to buy a Fairly conservative Supercar tomorrow and I have made the dealership an offer. They have agreed on my price on the basis that they can put it through as a trade sale.

Does this affect my purchase anyway or are they simply doing it to save tax therefore enabling to accept my lower offer?

RE: Trade purchase of Supercar - x5pea - 17-11-2012 08:21pm

trade sale would be no warranty given, no statutory rights as a private buyer....Pretty much sold as seen....

i wouldn't touch it , seems strange thing for a dealership to offer

RE: Trade purchase of Supercar - jiggyjaggy - 17-11-2012 10:23pm

They only offered that in order to match my price or so I thought. Surely I have no comebacks in any case if I buy the car and something goes wrong as it is a used car in any case??

RE: Trade purchase of Supercar - xxxx5 - 17-11-2012 10:30pm

Avoid, this car will have problems that the trader is trying to avoid putting right. It's a know trick in the trade.

RE: Trade purchase of Supercar - x5pea - 18-11-2012 12:39am

(17-11-2012 10:23pm)jiggyjaggy Wrote:  Surely I have no comebacks in any case if I buy the car and something goes wrong as it is a used car in any case??

no because ur not a consumer you are a trade customer in this case.

as i said avoid

RE: Trade purchase of Supercar - jiggyjaggy - 18-11-2012 01:55am

I think I better go down the route to offer the same amount as a retail offer, with no trade element at all. Irrespective they are placing a 12 month MOT on the car, which gives some comfort. Thanks for the advice guys.

RE: Trade purchase of Supercar - XFullFatTim - 18-11-2012 08:06am

An MOT means nothing, they can have an in-house writer of MOT forms............... an MOT only says that the car complies with the law on the day it was tested, nothing more. If something is too much of a bargain to be true, it usually ends up with lots of tears and disappointment.

RE: Trade purchase of Supercar - jiggyjaggy - 18-11-2012 12:56pm

I have stated that I would be happy to buy the car in the usual retail manner at the same price I offered yesterday. Lets see what they say.

Its not ridiculously cheap...

Aston Ad

RE: Trade purchase of Supercar - RacingSnake - 18-11-2012 05:00pm

Despite what has been posted up there ^^
buying from a dealer at all, no matter how they try to deny it, you have your statutory rights, including a warranty period (I think 3 months is the minimum).

It most certainly is not treated the same as a private sale. I would also imagine the dealer would get in serious trouble trying to circumvent his liabilities buy calling the sale 'trade'.

RE: Trade purchase of Supercar - jiggyjaggy - 18-11-2012 06:22pm

Having spoken to the dealer, they are happy to process the sale as a normal retail sale at £500 more than their trade figure, which is still below the figure I wanted to hit, so I am content with this. In addition they have agreed to a new MOT, 12 months Warranty and 2 new Alloys and tyres on the front corners.