babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
sat nav/stereo dead - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: sat nav/stereo dead (/Thread-sat-nav-stereo-dead)

sat nav/stereo dead - andy355 - 14-11-2012 07:44pm

hi all,

strange thing today - reversing camera is working fine but the sat nav/stereo is all frozen. touch screen makes a noise but does not respond

hoping it doesnt need a dealer visit and can be reset somehow or has gone into an odd mode. doesnt seem to be in valet mode tho

any thoughts?

thks

RE: sat nav/stereo dead - PhilSkill - 14-11-2012 08:53pm

No not Valet mode... sounds like a trip to the dealer is required, unless the magic turn it all off and on again does the trick!

sat nav/stereo dead - Stadt Panzer - 14-11-2012 09:28pm

Disconnect the Battery and then reconnect. System will reboot its self and problem solved. Had this problem on a loaner.

RE: sat nav/stereo dead - andy355 - 14-11-2012 10:12pm

(14-11-2012 09:28pm)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Disconnect the Battery and then reconnect. System will reboot its self and problem solved. Had this problem on a loaner.

thanks will try - does that set the tracker off?

RE: sat nav/stereo dead - XFullFatTim - 14-11-2012 11:06pm

If you have a tracker then it should have it's own power too. Give the control centre a phone and tell them just in case though, they were great when they needed to do a software update but my car hadn't moved for 3 months!

RE: sat nav/stereo dead - andy355 - 17-11-2012 10:26am

turned out to be the battery regulator. reset apparently - all seems fine now.

so if your sat nav/stereo dies it could be a low voltage issue followed by a completely dead car and the tracker going off at 3am

thanks all for help - i would have tried disconnecting the battery but by the time i got to the car next morning it was already dead