babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
I might have damaged my hearing - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: I might have damaged my hearing (/Thread-I-might-have-damaged-my-hearing)

I might have damaged my hearing - speary - 12-11-2012 10:30pm

Turned my standard meridian system up to full volume the other night (jean Michelle Jarre Aero track 15 Rendesvous 4) nearly blew my bloody head off. ShockedShocked I have never heard such volume in a car and no distortion. It was incredible. Don't think I will be doing too often though as I think it could really damage ones hearing.

RE: I might have damaged my hearing - cjfp - 12-11-2012 10:36pm

Bloody good choice of test music - viva JMJ !

RE: I might have damaged my hearing - XFullFatTim - 12-11-2012 11:03pm

Hope you are not going to complain of a lot of rattles from the panels now you have shaken them all loose using the speakers.......

RE: I might have damaged my hearing - The Valeter - 12-11-2012 11:13pm

(12-11-2012 11:03pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Hope you are not going to complain of a lot of rattles from the panels now you have shaken them all loose using the speakers.......

Strange yoo say that as sometimes I have mine up quite loud - 825W (around 32 volume) and if you stand outside it tends to remind me of a Corsa being driven by a boy racer as you can hear bass vibration through the doors.

RE: I might have damaged my hearing - PhilSkill - 13-11-2012 12:07am

Great bit of music, Saw JMJ at Docklands many moons ago and more recently at Wembley arena! Still holds the record for the largest music concert in the world, held in Russia.

Get some Floyd on there too... sounds great!

RE: I might have damaged my hearing - speary - 13-11-2012 08:23am

(13-11-2012 12:07am)PhilSkill Wrote:  Great bit of music, Saw JMJ at Docklands many moons ago and more recently at Wembley arena! Still holds the record for the largest music concert in the world, held in Russia.

Get some Floyd on there too... sounds great!

Memory stick is half full with floyd stuff Smile
Have a listen to Elbow. A bit of an aquired taste but brilliant after you get used to them

RE: I might have damaged my hearing - DynamicDRS - 13-11-2012 10:11pm

(12-11-2012 11:13pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Strange yoo say that as sometimes I have mine up quite loud - 825W (around 32 volume) and if you stand outside it tends to remind me of a Corsa being driven by a boy racer as you can hear bass vibration through the doors.

I've noted the same thing and my dealers have raised it as a fault with Land Rover. They tested it on another Coupe Dynamic Lux they had in the showroom and it made the same rattle.

Now we're waiting on Land Rover to come up with a fix, one which doesn't include me driving around with my music turned down to level 10 permanently ! Laughing

RE: I might have damaged my hearing - DynamicDRS - 28-11-2012 11:08pm

My Sweet Vibrations and Rattle & Roll has gone !!

My dealership and Land Rover got together have come up with a solution and the rattles and vibrations are now no more!

I can finally turn the music up in my car and not hear anything other than ' Sweet Music'. I must say it's a relief after 5 visits. Definitely ask your dealership for a fix if you've got the same problem I had.