babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Photos & Video (/Forum-Photos-Video)
+--- Thread: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? (/Thread-Porsche-s-Upcoming-Macan-Gets-Spotted-In-Action-Look-Out-Evoque)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - cutter7 - 12-11-2012 10:06am

http://www.autospies.com/news/SPIED-VIDEO-Porsche-s-Upcoming-Macan-Gets-Spotted-In-Action-Look-Out-Evoque-73342/ Confused

RE: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - PhilSkill - 12-11-2012 11:24am

"It will blow the Range Rover out of the water..." maybe on the road and if you like driving an ugly squashed beetle... Laughing
Hope that's not the final bodykit... Laughing
And at what price...

RE: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - cutter7 - 12-11-2012 12:25pm

Looks like a Peugeot 3008 LaughingLaughing: Rolling with Laughter

http://www.autospies.com/news/RENDERED-SPECULATION-If-Porsche-s-Macan-Turns-Out-Like-THIS-Does-Its-Design-Get-Your-Thumbs-UP-73343/ Embarrassed

http://www.whatcar.com/car-reviews/peugeot/3008-crossover/summary/25890-7/ Laughing

RE: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - PhilSkill - 12-11-2012 02:40pm

(12-11-2012 12:25pm)cutter7 Wrote:  Looks like a Peugeot 3008 LaughingLaughing: Rolling with Laughter

Harsh... but true! Laughing

RE: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - mark_n - 12-11-2012 04:07pm

I visited Porsche Leipzig last month where the Macan is going to be built and there's no denying the level of investment going on, a large new bodyshop which will produce bodyshells for the Macan and Panamera. They are expecting to build 50,000 Macan's a year which while not as many as the Evoque will still nibble away at the top of the Evoque market. I expect there will be a 3 litre V6 to start with - same as the one in the Cayenne - and it's said it will be the first Porsche in decades to - eventually - have a 4 cylinder engine.

The great problem with Porsches is the amount of money you need to pour into it for extras which are standard on the Evoque so I expect a spec'd up Macan will be considereably more than the Evoque Prestige and Dynamics. Does put pressure on LR to keep the Evoque at the front of the market both in terms of build quality and performance.

RE: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - XFullFatTim - 12-11-2012 05:07pm

One advantage that the baby Porsche will have over any Land Rover product............ it will work straight out of the showroom, no returns to have rattles fixed or equipment gremlins sorted out, they check them out properly before they leave the factory and again before the dealer hands them over to the new owner.

RE: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - Gartly gav - 12-11-2012 08:09pm

Personally not as stunning or ground breaking looks that the Evoque has....looks more like a big Vauxhall Astra to me!

RE: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - scalle - 12-11-2012 08:20pm

(12-11-2012 08:09pm)Gartly gav Wrote:  Personally not as stunning or ground breaking looks that the Evoque has....looks more like a big Vauxhall Astra to me!

Altough we can not say it's ugly,
but with the same specs as on an RRE i think it will be a lot bigger invoice

RE: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - BobM - 12-11-2012 09:51pm

Look out Evoque? why, cos a blob on wheels with a Porsche badge is going to make everyone crash into you cos they cant stop laughing. This car is hideous with a capital H. There is absolutely nothing about this thing that would want to make me part with my cash - alleged good build quality or otherwise. Sorry but no badge snobbery medal winner here.

RE: Porsche's Upcoming Macan Gets Spotted In Action - Look Out Evoque? - IKM - 12-11-2012 10:15pm

I've been buying LR for many years, but to be honest would look at the Macan in the future just for a change. It'd depend on spec without have to add on too many expensive options eg heated windscreen, HDC etc. Would like to know the ground clearance and approach and departure angles.