babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic (/Thread-Lowered-suspension-for-Evoque-dynamic)

Pages: 1 2

Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - Richieleo - 03-11-2012 09:58am

Hi. Does anyone know if one can lower the suspension of the Dynamic model (ie. just springs)?

I was told that if you have adaptive suspension, by changing your suspension to the lowered springs, then the dynamic suspension might not work as well or not even at all.

Thoughts anyone?

RE: Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - Evo-king - 03-11-2012 11:31am

Richeo, I have a feeling this has been discussed several times on this forum, and pretty sure the answer is no.

RE: Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - PhilSkill - 03-11-2012 11:54am

(03-11-2012 11:31am)Evo-king Wrote:  Richeo, I have a feeling this has been discussed several times on this forum, and pretty sure the answer is no.

I spotted this in a magazine the other day...

RE: Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - jchris - 08-11-2012 05:27am

Love to know more about this

Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - Jai - 08-11-2012 09:53am

Nice mod if you didn't spend thousands on the dynamic kit in the first place Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - PhilSkill - 08-11-2012 10:02am

Yeah didn't quite understand why you would bother if you have Adaptive Dynamics anyway, since their picture shows a Dynamic...!

Why would I want to use my phone to change my suspension... it's illegal to use a phone while driving Laughing

I guess you could GPS map it so it changes the suspesion based on the road you are on... Now that would be trick. LR take note!

RE: Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - XFullFatTim - 08-11-2012 10:28am

(08-11-2012 10:02am)PhilSkill Wrote:  so it changes the suspesion based on the road you are on... Now that would be trick. LR take note!

But AD does that already without requiring GPS, 1000 times a second or something regardless of the road or where you are in the world, so why bother at all.

Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - Jai - 08-11-2012 10:37am

My HSV GTS here in oz had generation 2 magnetic ride control suspension and we could only ever get springs that lowered the car by 10-15mm , so on an evoque I don't see the situation being any different , so why bother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - PhilSkill - 08-11-2012 01:03pm

(08-11-2012 10:28am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  But AD does that already without requiring GPS, 1000 times a second or something regardless of the road or where you are in the world, so why bother at all.

I meant change to harder suspension for the twisty roads and softer for straight roads and motorways! Like going between Dynamic and Standard mode.

RE: Lowered suspension for Evoque dynamic - XFullFatTim - 08-11-2012 02:10pm

Ah is in BMW/Audi speak - going from uncomfortable comfort mode to tooth loosening "sport" mode..............