babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior (/Thread-Dynamic-Outside-Prestige-Interior)

Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - Blackseries - 01-08-2011 11:14pm

I know I'm a bit like a cracked record on this one but many moons ago I did a poll of who would choose - if available - a Dynamic with a Prestige interior.... at the time not many people responded .... however I’m now wondering with more people having seen all the variants if peoples thoughts have changed

And just in case LR are listening....

RE: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - XFullFatTim - 02-08-2011 07:29am

I'm not a great fan of sparkly bits on the outside of Range Rovers, but I do like light and airy interiors and Dynamic interiors are all quite dark and sporty doesn't have to be dark and dingy unless of course you order a Dynamic Plus when all you have is tart's boudoir Red or undertakers' Black

RE: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - ant - 02-08-2011 08:38am

It's what I wanted from the start - a Dynamic exterior with a Prestige (light) interior. Unfortunately, not currently possible, so I've ordered the Prestige with Ambience. Like Blackseries, I'll probably end up adding the Dynamic front and rear bumpers and exhausts. A quick spray in matt black of the shiny bits should get the look I want.
Happy days, but I would have preferred those options to be available from LR at the ordering stage. Perhaps LR will listen and add those options - it can't be that hard for the line to accomodate that - they interupt the line to spray the contrast roof, after all.
ANT

RE: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - ant - 02-08-2011 08:38am

It's what I wanted from the start - a Dynamic exterior with a Prestige (light) interior. Unfortunately, not currently possible, so I've ordered the Prestige with Ambience. Like Blackseries, I'll probably end up adding the Dynamic front and rear bumpers and exhausts. A quick spray in matt black of the shiny bits should get the look I want.
Happy days, but I would have preferred those options to be available from LR at the ordering stage. Perhaps LR will listen and add those options - it can't be that hard for the line to accomodate that - they interupt the line to spray the contrast roof, after all.
ANT

RE: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - mark_n - 02-08-2011 09:40am

Difficult to be sure but it seems there's something like a £3000 value trade between Prestige and Dynamic. Prestige gets more/better leather and metallic as NCO. Dynamic gets painted sills, magnaride, illuminated tread plates as standard, less leather, bigger wheels. I expect then that a Dynamic with Prestige interior would cost £3000 more - at least - than either of the others. I'd like to see them drop the premium for the 3 door or at least bundle something to compensate.

Perhaps you should buy one of each and swap parts over till you get what you want, then try to sell on what's left.

RE: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - berlin2011 - 02-08-2011 09:52am

I'm guessing the 2 votes (atm) that will stick with Dynamic interior in Dynamic are taking the Dynamic Plus option? Perhaps the poll should be Dynamic with 'standard' Dynamic interior vs Dynamic with Prestige interior.

RE: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - XFullFatTim - 02-08-2011 09:56am

I'm going for the Dynamic Plus on mine but there are only two colour schemes and both make the interior dark without the panoramic roof

RE: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - paulus599 - 02-08-2011 10:59am

I'm more than happy with the Prestige and Prestige interior. The only part of the Dynamic that I prefer is the square exhausts, certainly not enough to make me change them though.

RE: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - Charlie - 02-08-2011 11:17am

Think you're spot on Mark about costings. From the beginning when we learnt about the three models it was always my interpretation that the Dynamic was going to be more sporty and I think Fuji and Firenze suit that car really well along with the black and black/red interiors. Prestige (I'd hoped) was going to be a smaller version of a luxury FF or RRS that I'd always hoped to have but quite frankly couldn't afford. I think they should add a lighter interior to the Dynamics but hope it's not ambience or element so they remain with the Prestige. I think JLR want to make sure the three models have very separate identities. I only ever liked the Prestige so am happy. Very Happy

RE: Dynamic Outside... Prestige Interior - Blackseries - 03-08-2011 08:37pm

(02-08-2011 09:40am)mark_n Wrote:  I expect then that a Dynamic with Prestige interior would cost £3000 more - at least - than either of the others.

My calculation is the upgrade cost of the Prestige interior is £1800 (over and above a Pure).

Therefore if on the Dynamic build configurator there was a box that said “Prestige interior” and had a price of £1800 would you tick it?