babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Autocar road tests the new Honda Cr-V 2.2SE Auto 4WD - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: Autocar road tests the new Honda Cr-V 2.2SE Auto 4WD (/Thread-Autocar-road-tests-the-new-Honda-Cr-V-2-2SE-Auto-4WD)

Autocar road tests the new Honda Cr-V 2.2SE Auto 4WD - XFullFatTim - 25-10-2012 10:59pm

Verdict - pay the extra and buy the Freelander2 TD4 - it's much better all round! One thing -at least the official fuel figures are honest and Honda declare it as 36mpg on the combined cycle! It is also beaten by the Hyundai and the " not really an SUV more an elevated estate" X3

RE: Autocar road tests the new Honda Cr-V 2.2SE Auto 4WD - PhilSkill - 25-10-2012 11:50pm

Maybe 36mpg is the official and it really only gives 20mpg!!! Laughing

Surprised it beats all round, you'd expect build and interior quality to be better in a Honda than the FL. Although every time I look something puts me off them.

RE: Autocar road tests the new Honda Cr-V 2.2SE Auto 4WD - Straydox - 26-10-2012 01:11am

(25-10-2012 11:50pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Maybe 36mpg is the official and it really only gives 20mpg!!! Laughing

Surprised it beats all round, you'd expect build and interior quality to be better in a Honda than the FL. Although every time I look something puts me off them.

Maybe LR offered more freebies and a better lunch? One should never be under any illusion that the printed word represents the truth - its just someone's opinion that may or may not be related to the truth.

RE: Autocar road tests the new Honda Cr-V 2.2SE Auto 4WD - J77 - 26-10-2012 06:56pm

Not into the Honda, but I do like the new Santa Fe. I've owned two Hyundai 4wds and they are very good. First one was a Tucson CDX and the second a Santa Fe GSI (current shape). I can hear the badge snobs cringing at the thought, but these cars are bomb proof and competent off road, LR can learn a lot from the Koreans.

RE: Autocar road tests the new Honda Cr-V 2.2SE Auto 4WD - Craig_d1 - 26-10-2012 10:51pm

Had a look at the Sante Fe yesterday. Dealership has a static car to look around, with demonstrator arriving Monday.
Must admit I was impressed. Seeing as drive the deal offering top spec for £30k, it comes with xenons, keyless, pano roof, leather, touchscreen sat nav, reversing camera, full AWD, hill descent control, auto brake and park etc. a lot of car for the money.
Felt solid and a good looking car also.
Depending how it drives I think it'll steal a few sales off some more premium brands. Certainly offers good value when I think our D4 now costs upwards of £52k

RE: Autocar road tests the new Honda Cr-V 2.2SE Auto 4WD - Daigriff - 26-10-2012 11:09pm

I had the original CRV when it first came out in the mid nineties...was a superb car, so much so my wife had it after me. Would still probably have the new CRV over a Freelander. The last CRV was ugly though.

RE: Autocar road tests the new Honda Cr-V 2.2SE Auto 4WD - broady43 - 27-10-2012 09:40pm

I had the last CRV, thought it was great until I got the Evoque.The Evoque is in a different class,the only thing I miss is the fuel economy.I think the new CRV looks awful!