babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Slow entertainment/ Satnav system (/Thread-Slow-entertainment-Satnav-system)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - Ianpembs - 23-10-2012 06:57pm

Had my RRE Prestige for about two months and was frustrated that changing between functions on the satnav/ entertainment system was very slow. Just done the Landrover experience at Ledbury (very good) and expressed my disappointment in this, the instructor said they were also frustrated but found out that most new cars have the animated display in the systems menu turned on which slows things down. He subsequently went to systems page on my car and simply switched animated display to off and hey presto now works fine. Hope this of use to others who experience similar.

RE: Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - cjfp - 23-10-2012 06:59pm

Also switch off the volume animation - mine came up about 2 seconds after I'd changed it !

RE: Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - Ianpembs - 23-10-2012 07:08pm

Cheers is that on same page

RE: Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - XFullFatTim - 23-10-2012 07:11pm

I found a gremlin in the radio system today as well................ sat at the carwash listening to the radio waiting for the time limiter to shut the system down and the DAB signal was lost. While it was searching for another station I couldn't change the home screen to Audio to select FM. When the DAB finally found the station I could change the screens no problem

RE: Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - cjfp - 23-10-2012 07:21pm

(23-10-2012 07:11pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I found a gremlin in the radio system today as well................ sat at the carwash listening to the radio waiting for the time limiter to shut the system down and the DAB signal was lost. While it was searching for another station I couldn't change the home screen to Audio to select FM. When the DAB finally found the station I could change the screens no problem

Will chk but I don't think I have this problem.

RE: Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - ED209 - 23-10-2012 07:42pm

Switching of the animations definetly makes it faster. Its still not really good enough though.

Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - orvieto - 23-10-2012 10:30pm

Can somebody point me up where is that curious animations setup menu? Smile

RE: Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - Ianpembs - 24-10-2012 02:02pm

(23-10-2012 10:30pm)orvieto Wrote:  Can somebody point me up where is that curious animations setup menu? Smile

press system set up and it there with on/off just hit off. I found with it off its runs as one would expect on my car anyway

RE: Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - Evo-king - 24-10-2012 10:03pm

Ian do you mean switching between Sat Nav to Audio or within say sat nav and it's settings?

Because mine doesn't seem slow, and if I want to switch between Sat Nav, Audio etc I use the mode button.

RE: Slow entertainment/ Satnav system - Ianpembs - 24-10-2012 10:38pm

(24-10-2012 10:03pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Ian do you mean switching between Sat Nav to Audio or within say sat nav and it's settings?

Because mine doesn't seem slow, and if I want to switch between Sat Nav, Audio etc I use the mode button.

It was really slow switching between functions eg going from home page to say audio or from audio to sat nav. It would take about 4 secs or so. I mentioned it to the guy at the Landrover Experience day and he said they experienced the same when they first got the Evoque and this is the fix they used. Changing pages on the satnav was not as slow but enough to be frustrating but now fingers crossed it seems fine. I suppose at some stage I will have to read the manual dont want to peak too soon though as still got to get to grips with voice control.