babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
2013 babyRR.com Calendar - rollover to 2014 - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Site News & Feedback (/Forum-Site-News-Feedback)
+--- Thread: 2013 babyRR.com Calendar - rollover to 2014 (/Thread-2013-babyRR-com-Calendar-rollover-to-2014)

Pages: 1 2 3

2013 babyRR.com Calendar - rollover to 2014 - Martin - 17-10-2012 05:58pm

Dear all,

As some of you will know, there has been a DISCO3/DISCO4 calendar for some years now, this year I'm asking for photos which contain any current LR/RR product, so I am hopeful there will be sufficient photos to make a babyRR calendar Mr. Green

There is dedicated upload system in place which allows you to upload multiple photos at once, as well as enter all the relevant information in quickly without faffing with trying to make the gallery work Wink

Everyone whose photos are chosen will receive a free copy of the calendar as a thank you Mr. Green

ArrowArrow The uploader is available at http://www.disco3.co.uk/calendar/upload/

You do have to log in to use the uploader (so I know who the photo has come from), but you can use your current forum login (from any of the forums).

Any problems with the uploader please let me know. There are two fallback options which may come in handy if you are using Internet Explorer Shocked

Guidelines and terms:
  • Please add some information about location, event, brief story etc which will be added to the calendar page - you will be prompted for this when editing your photos for
  • Please submit photos of any LR product and 'tag' the photo with each vehicle when you upload.
  • By submitting entries you agree that the photographs are yours, or you have permission to enter them for the calendar.
  • You agree that your photograph may be used free of all charges in the production of the 2013 calendar(s).
  • Your photos must be uploaded without watermarks, added text or other additions. Enhancement of the photo is allowed. Please upload full-resolution images with any numberplates clearly on show. This does not mean that the numberplate has to be in the photo though Wink
  • If your camera takes widescreen photos, please ensure that there is enough space around the subject to allow the photo to be cropped to A4 ratio (~1.414:1)
  • VERY IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you upload only large resolution (at least 5 Megapixels, 2 Megabyte file size) images as these will be required for high quality printing. This means NO camera phone/iPhone photos, sorry.

Uploader step-by-step guide:
  1. Visit http://www.disco3.co.uk/calendar/upload and click login on the top right

[Image: upload_01.png]
  2. Enter your forum login details, selecting the correct forum:

[Image: upload_02.png]
  3. On the uploader, select "Add files":

[Image: upload_03.png]
  4. Browse for the photo or photos you want to upload, then click "Open", "Add" etc on the select file window
  5. Repeat the two steps above for all the photos you want to upload.
  6. Once you are ready to upload, press "Start upload" button:
    [Image: upload_04.png]
  7. Your photos will be uploaded, and when complete you will be redirected to the 'manage' page.
  8. Hover over and click the Edit icon on the first photo you want to enter for the calendar:
    [Image: upload_05.png]
  9. Fill in the requested information, click the vehicles which are in the photo and click "Submit" button:
    [Image: upload_06.png]
  10. Your photo will now move to the "photos you have entered for..." list.
    [Image: upload_07.png]
  11. Repeat steps 8 to 10 for each remaining photo in the "Photos you have uploaded but..." list

RE: 2013 babyRR.com Calendar - ENTRIES OPEN - PhilSkill - 17-10-2012 06:02pm

Hi Martin, will you be printing the Number Plate details? And is there a cut off date... ?

RE: 2013 babyRR.com Calendar - ENTRIES OPEN - cjfp - 17-10-2012 06:14pm

Is nudity allowed ? (Joke!)

RE: 2013 babyRR.com Calendar - ENTRIES OPEN - XFullFatTim - 17-10-2012 06:30pm

Martin, brilliant idea. As you remember we tried to copy D3 over on RRSport and it never got off the ground.

RE: 2013 babyRR.com Calendar - ENTRIES OPEN - J77 - 17-10-2012 08:40pm

No good on the iPad, will have to dust down the laptop.

RE: 2013 babyRR.com Calendar - ENTRIES OPEN - Martin - 17-10-2012 09:16pm

(17-10-2012 06:02pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Hi Martin, will you be printing the Number Plate details? And is there a cut off date... ?

Hi - numberplates won't be blanked out in the printed calendar as it would look odd.

RE: 2013 babyRR.com Calendar - ENTRIES OPEN - XFullFatTim - 17-10-2012 10:18pm

Just been looking through all the photos in my picture library on the laptop and most are less than 2mb............... camera is now set to a higher resolution ready for a dirty weekend in the Trossachs with the Defender

RE: 2013 babyRR.com Calendar - ENTRIES OPEN - J77 - 17-10-2012 10:31pm

I have the same problem, most of my photos are taken on the iPhone. I've uploaded one but dout it will be any good. The next day off I will go out and about and get some good quality photos....................................... Hopefully.

RE: 2013 babyRR.com Calendar - ENTRIES OPEN - Martin - 17-10-2012 10:34pm

Thanks Mr. Green

RE: 2013 babyRR.com Calendar - ENTRIES OPEN - The Valeter - 17-10-2012 10:54pm

Mine can be used, just not sure about the size though I have a photobucket account so they could be copied from that.
Here is the link to the main gallery home page.........
http://s260.photobucket.com/albums/ii11/ExecutiveValeter/