babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
color question. help - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: color question. help (/Thread-color-question-help)

color question. help - akikan - 13-10-2012 04:01am

why there is no Buckingham Blue on the lr site, i tried most country, they dont have this color on their website, even on the local dealer site, but i got the 2012 evoque book which they had that color choice and they are available after 2011 november, so my question is can we still order it? im in canada thx in advance~

RE: color question. help - XFullFatTim - 13-10-2012 09:37am

Due to a devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan the factory that made the paint pigment got destroyed and LR had to remove some of the dark coloured paints from the options list and replaced them with colours from the Jaguar range. Stornoway Grey, Buckingham Blue and a couple of other colours were casualties. If you have a Buckingham Blue Evoque you have a very rare car as only a few pre-production cars were made in that colour and they were supposed to have been destroyed after the launch event.......... So Buck Blue never made it to full production but was featured in some of the early brochures.

RE: color question. help - akikan - 13-10-2012 11:40pm

(13-10-2012 09:37am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Due to a devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan the factory that made the paint pigment got destroyed and LR had to remove some of the dark coloured paints from the options list and replaced them with colours from the Jaguar range. Stornoway Grey, Buckingham Blue and a couple of other colours were casualties. If you have a Buckingham Blue Evoque you have a very rare car as only a few pre-production cars were made in that colour and they were supposed to have been destroyed after the launch event.......... So Buck Blue never made it to full production but was featured in some of the early brochures.

Thank you that was really helpful