babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
How long between build and delivery normally? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: How long between build and delivery normally? (/Thread-How-long-between-build-and-delivery-normally)

How long between build and delivery normally? - Crabacle - 12-10-2012 06:15pm

I'm told hat my car goes into build w/c 8th November.
How long is it normally from build to delivery? May only be a few weeks off now!

RE: How long between build and delivery normally? - J77 - 12-10-2012 06:23pm

My Evoque was built on 21/12/11 and was at the dealers on 29/12/11. Hope this helps.

RE: How long between build and delivery normally? - Crabacle - 12-10-2012 06:32pm

Thanks - mid November would be ideal.

RE: How long between build and delivery normally? - AandM1228 - 12-10-2012 09:10pm

(12-10-2012 06:15pm)Crabacle Wrote:  I'm told hat my car goes into build w/c 8th November.
How long is it normally from build to delivery? May only be a few weeks off now!

My Evoque was built on September 14 and I still don't have it... Something was missing and they have been waiting for a part (no idea what it is though) before being shipped to Cambridge. They have now said I should have it sometime next week. We will see....

They did say that once it is complete it should be at the dealers within 6 days, probably less.

RE: How long between build and delivery normally? - Crabacle - 13-10-2012 08:04pm

Been told that 23rd drop at bathe dealers - with a 5 day PDI.

Means pencilled in 30th Nov.

Seems years off!

RE: How long between build and delivery normally? - XFullFatTim - 14-10-2012 09:42am

A 5 day PDI.......................... who on earth told you that? If it does take that long then your car should have absolutely no defects or rattles and should have been washed and polished to within an inch of taking the paint off it and about 400 miles on the odo for road testing the rattles out.
The only things that would increase it that long are dealer fit accessories or a paint treatment (but at many dealers that takes about 30 secs by some accounts). I wouldn't mind betting that your car will arrive at the dealership and be in a queue of cars waiting to be prepped for handover, it will not be in a prepping bay for 5 days, more like 5 hours.