babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Coupe seats! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Modifications (/Forum-Modifications)
+--- Thread: Coupe seats! (/Thread-Coupe-seats)

Pages: 1 2

Coupe seats! - Stadt Panzer - 06-10-2012 10:03am

Just had word from my dealer, for all those who thought that they could "just" change the seat motor to make it faster. No can do, the whole seat frame needs to be changed and then it's not 100% that it'll fit. Having it done anyway so I'll keep you posted.

RE: Coupe seats! - XFullFatTim - 06-10-2012 10:23am

I suspect the cost will far outweigh the benefit of faster seat motors.

Coupe seats! - Stadt Panzer - 06-10-2012 11:59am

I expect it will but it's the one thing that bugs the wife. What men do to keep them happy Smile

RE: Coupe seats! - XFullFatTim - 06-10-2012 03:21pm

Will the same service be available for the Plus style seats?

Coupe seats! - Stadt Panzer - 06-10-2012 05:03pm

No idea but I expect it's the same. It'll be all down to the seat frame.

RE: Coupe seats! - RacingSnake - 07-10-2012 03:16am

Interesting, as my dealer thought the only differences were the switch panel, the motors and possibly the seat loom.

I'd be interested to hear a second (or third) opinion on this!

RE: Coupe seats! - WB - 07-10-2012 09:25pm

(06-10-2012 10:03am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  Just had word from my dealer, for all those who thought that they could "just" change the seat motor to make it faster. No can do, the whole seat frame needs to be changed and then it's not 100% that it'll fit. Having it done anyway so I'll keep you posted.

Dealers do have an unfortunate habit of over cooking jobs like the dealer that told someone on here they needed a new bumper just to fit fog lamps!!

Coupe seats! - Stadt Panzer - 08-10-2012 06:35am

WB, I would normally agree with you but my local dealer also happens to be a close friend so I doubt very much that he'd change something that doesn't need changing.

RE: Coupe seats! - speary - 09-10-2012 07:49am

I would have thought that all LR engineers would need to do to speed up the seat is alter the motor output gearing so therefore could be a simple upgrade. If they have had to redesign the whole seat subframe perhaps they need to employ engineers with a bit more common sense and imagination Very HappyVery Happy

Coupe seats! - Stadt Panzer - 09-10-2012 08:00pm

Well got the car back and the seats move twice as quick Smile. Asked about the seat frame and the reason why you need to have seat frame with the motor is that LR don't supply just the motor as a spare part. More then happy with the result and so is the other half Smile