babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
RR Sport Automatic shifter - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: RR Sport Automatic shifter (/Thread-RR-Sport-Automatic-shifter)

RR Sport Automatic shifter - benzina - 04-10-2012 12:43pm

Just looking at the UK Landrover website regarding the 2013 RR Sport, and i noticed that they display both the Automatic Dial shifter (as in Evoque,2013 RR Vogue,Jags),and also the traditional stick shifter.....so whats the story here?
Would'nt they all be the dial shifter for the 2013 model update?

RE: RR Sport Automatic shifter - rchrdleigh - 04-10-2012 01:58pm

In UK.
Drive Select (Rotary Selector) is fitted to 3.0 litre (diesel) RR Sports equipped with the 8 speed gearbox.
Gear Lever is fitted to the 5.0 litre (petrol) Supercharged RR Sport equipped with a 6 speed gearbox

RE: RR Sport Automatic shifter - benzina - 05-10-2012 01:28am

Ah o.k. thanks, that makes sense now.....interesting that here in Australia, along with the V8's, they are delivering all 2013 (3.0 diesels) with the gear lever 6-speed. The 8-speed auto and it's rotary selector with paddleshifts, is NOT offered as an option,or even mentioned anywhere.

RE: RR Sport Automatic shifter - XFullFatTim - 05-10-2012 09:37am

The V6 with rotary shifter was introduced here in 2012MY, ie in October 2011, so it must be something market specific for LR Australia or you are getting all our unwanted old stock out there........................

RE: RR Sport Automatic shifter - benzina - 05-10-2012 01:54pm

Yep i think your right ....i checked other countries websites, and found it is market specific, sighting South Africa, Singapore, china just to name a few that are like Australia, and only offer the 6-speed for the V6 Diesel.