babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Are There Production Delays? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Are There Production Delays? (/Thread-Are-There-Production-Delays)

Pages: 1 2

Are There Production Delays? - NightFox - 18-09-2012 06:16pm

Does LR currently have a production problem? I've not seen anyone say there's officially any delays, but IIRC lots of people on here (me included) who were originally given build dates of September/October seem to have recently seen their dates slip back to November/December without any real reason, and that's despite LR moving to round-the-clock production in an effort to reduce the waiting list.

There's other things as well: people going on factory visits seem to be reporting lines of Evoques "awaiting finishing". When I do my weekly early-morning drive down the M40 I used to see 3 or 4 transporters full of Evoques heading South - the last 2 weeks I've not seen any at all.

I've asked my dealer a couple of times if there's a general delay, if it's just my order slipping or if all their orders are doing the same, but the only answer I've managed to get is "we only know what the computer tells us". Sure, you're a LR dealer with no working relationship with LR? Right....

Can anyone cast any light on what's happening (or not) at Halewood?

RE: Are There Production Delays? - XFullFatTim - 18-09-2012 06:19pm

This happened before - 1st no Xenon headlights available, then some other fittings then Panoramic roof was hard to get so it could be any of the parts that is in sort supply. Could even be something as remote as the Chinese feelings towards the Japanese and them closing their factories in China, could even be that they are robbing Evoques to get the new FFRR L405 out on time as there are parts they have in common.
Have you tied asking Nick or Liam at Land Rover?

RE: Are There Production Delays? - rchrdleigh - 18-09-2012 06:58pm

Saw 2 transporters full of Evoques on the A1 near Grantham on 3rd September.
Unlikely to be robbing parts from Evoque for Rang Rover 405 might be using some on the facelifted Freelander which is built on the same production line and has more parts in common now.
Not heard of any reasons for delays to delivery and some cars are still being delivered on time or close to it, so probably not a general problem but I'm only guessing.

RE: Are There Production Delays? - IKM - 18-09-2012 07:00pm

(18-09-2012 06:58pm)rchrdleigh Wrote:  Saw 2 transporters full of Evoques on the A1 near Grantham on 3rd September.
Unlikely to be robbing parts from Evoque for Rang Rover 405 might be using some on the facelifted Freelander which is built on the same production line and has more parts in common now.
Not heard of any reasons for delays to delivery and some cars are still being delivered on time or close to it, so probably not a general problem but I'm only guessing.
Good point about the Freelander, I hear that first deliveries to customers are due next month.

RE: Are There Production Delays? - rchrdleigh - 18-09-2012 07:02pm

(18-09-2012 07:00pm)IKM Wrote:  Good point about the Freelander, I hear that first deliveries to customers are due next month.

Heard the same and I believe that the Land Rover Experience Centres will be getting the new Freelander in October.

RE: Are There Production Delays? - eddkawasaki - 18-09-2012 07:55pm

Spoke to the dealer last week and mine has come forward a week and he expects it to come further forward.

RE: Are There Production Delays? - Tulabb - 18-09-2012 08:25pm

Emailed my dealer today and I have been told to expect a build date for dec but he's not sure if it will be before x,as or not. Ordered mid July and original delivery date was mid nov...it's now dec but no specific date given. Boooooo.....

RE: Are There Production Delays? - smayo - 18-09-2012 08:44pm

Sure I heard a rumour that there were supply problems on the Pures.

RE: Are There Production Delays? - NightFox - 18-09-2012 08:59pm

(18-09-2012 06:19pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  This happened before - 1st no Xenon headlights available, then some other fittings then Panoramic roof was hard to get so it could be any of the parts that is in sort supply. Could even be something as remote as the Chinese feelings towards the Japanese and them closing their factories in China, could even be that they are robbing Evoques to get the new FFRR L405 out on time as there are parts they have in common.
Have you tied asking Nick or Liam at Land Rover?

I've just sent a PM to Nick, have to see if it gets a response as I'm not sure how 'open' LR would be about any possible supply problems.

RE: Are There Production Delays? - Griff449 - 18-09-2012 09:09pm

I doubt anyone from LR will admit to supply problems............