babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Navigation Updates ? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: Navigation Updates ? (/Thread-Navigation-Updates)

Pages: 1 2

Navigation Updates ? - mzn50 - 18-09-2012 02:32pm

Anyone have any insight on how LR will manage this ?
I presume there maybe yearly updates available ?... Downloads ?

thanks

RE: Navigation Updates ? - ADZ - 18-09-2012 03:08pm

Hey there. I asked my dealer the same question. Not sure if his answer is peculiar to SA but here goes. You have to register with the service provider and pay some sort of fee which then entitles you to the upgraded information. I have only had my vehicle for under 2 months and am not convinced that I will purchase an upgrade. That's why I have a smartphone. Good luck!

RE: Navigation Updates ? - XFullFatTim - 18-09-2012 06:16pm

With my previous Range Rovers with satnav the system has been updated FOC at the annual service if there has been an update disk available - there are no annual updates per se so, yes, your systems maps will go out of date but all is not lost............. for about £120 you can purchase navtec map disks from their website whenever they are made.

RE: Navigation Updates ? - jettie1767 - 04-10-2012 07:17pm

The nav is crappy. I even complained to the dealer that it sent me to the wrong address last week. It is also very slow and the text input speed is horrible. Unfortunately, no updates according to my dealer.

RE: Navigation Updates ? - smayo - 04-10-2012 07:46pm

(18-09-2012 06:16pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  for about £120 you can purchase navtec map disks from their website whenever they are made.

That must be the cheapest map they do for any model.
As an example their Freelander2 updates vary from £169 to £375! depending on which part of the world you need.

RE: Navigation Updates ? - PhilSkill - 04-10-2012 07:50pm

Map Updates can be found Here @ LR

None available for Evoque yet...

RE: Navigation Updates ? - cjfp - 04-10-2012 07:52pm

Are navteq also responsible for the control software of the Evoque nav or just the mapping data ?

RE: Navigation Updates ? - Barton Evoque - 04-10-2012 08:00pm

(04-10-2012 07:17pm)jettie1767 Wrote:  The nav is crappy

I'm quite pleased with Sat Nav can't find any faults with it so far.Beats my old tomtom one.

RE: Navigation Updates ? - Cedric - 04-10-2012 08:32pm

I like the integrated system, but I don't think the maps are very recent, so I wonder if they will ever provide updates. Got rather lost in France a few months ago and I have come quite a few streets which have had lots of changes.

RE: Navigation Updates ? - smayo - 04-10-2012 09:32pm

(04-10-2012 08:00pm)Barton Evoque Wrote:  I'm quite pleased with Sat Nav can't find any faults with it so far.Beats my old tomtom one.

How old was your tomtom?
Camera warnings, live traffic?