babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound (/Thread-Front-Suspension-Clicking-Ticking-sound)

Pages: 1 2 3

Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - Bruno787 - 18-09-2012 12:57am

i noticed recently a clicking/ticking sound on my front suspension when maneuvering out of my driveway, can only hear it with windows open. anyone had this?

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - benzina - 18-09-2012 01:46am

I believe it is a known issue with the lower front suspension/steering control arm bolts. On Topix it suggests that they need specific re-torquing, and this is what was done on my last dealer visit, however, the click/ticking is still there, and i will have to take it back.
Now i read in this thread see here post #24 http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-RRE-SERVICE?page=3 , that this particular dealer recommended new bolts installed and ordered, rather then being re-torqued.
So i'm a bit confused as to what to ask for now.
See this thread also http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-RR-Evoque-front-suspension-click-tick-repair-procedure?highlight=click+tick+front+suspension , where the topix re-torquing is recommended.

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - sethor - 18-09-2012 09:25am

I have the same noise, it's very noticable during low speed turning. Going to have it looked at when I go in for the first service.

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - Ranger4 - 18-09-2012 11:25am

Yes, just had mine fixed and all is well now. It was a relatively simple job and I picked up my car the day after - they lent me an evoque overnight.

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - benzina - 18-09-2012 12:19pm

(18-09-2012 11:25am)Ranger4 Wrote:  Yes, just had mine fixed and all is well now. It was a relatively simple job and I picked up my car the day after - they lent me an evoque overnight.

Did they just re-torque the bolts on yours?

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - Neo - 18-09-2012 12:57pm

I heard the same with my car but the mechanic said they were waiting on new bolts to tighten it. He said I can bring the car in at the next time for it to be replaced.

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - Ranger4 - 18-09-2012 03:15pm

(18-09-2012 12:19pm)benzina Wrote:  Did they just re-torque the bolts on yours?

Actually I'm not sure. I wasn't aware, at the time, that it was a well known problem so I just let them do their thing - whatever they did solved the problem. Sorry that I can't be more helpful....

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - Barneyridge - 19-09-2012 05:14am

Yep I noticed it on mine the other day, after it had gone in for service. I will have to et the info and book it in for a fix.

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - benzina - 19-09-2012 05:28am

I just went in and reported that i still have the click/tick after my previous visit of just re-torquing the original bolts, and they confirmed that their is now infact a bulletin that suggests ordering the new nuts and bolts made available, and then re-torquing to the specification stated.
So mine are now on order, and the click/tick should finally be sorted soon. So my original question has been answered...new nuts/bolts are required for all of us with this issue.

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound - chiggy - 19-09-2012 07:10am

I just took mine in this morning to have it looked at and get the brakes cleaned out and wheel alignment is shocking!! not sure what's going on there!

They also gave me a Ssangyong Rexton as a loan car... what an absolute abomination of a car. apparently it was the only one they had left. surprise.

had crunched up tissues on the passengers side... pretty disgusting actually.

horse cart would've been better!

Hopefully they can sort out the ticking soon.