Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound
Bruno787

Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound

i noticed recently a clicking/ticking sound on my front suspension when maneuvering out of my driveway, can only hear it with windows open. anyone had this?

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
18-09-2012 12:57am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

RE: Front Suspension Clicking/Ticking sound

I believe it is a known issue with the lower front suspension/steering control arm bolts. On Topix it suggests that they need specific re-torquing, and this is what was done on my last dealer visit, however, the click/ticking is still there, and i will have to take it back.
Now i read in this thread see here post #24 http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-RRE-SERVICE?page=3 , that this particular dealer recommended new bolts installed and ordered, rather then being re-torqued.
So i'm a bit confused as to what to ask for now.
See this thread also http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-RR-Evoque...suspension , where the topix re-torquing is recommended.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 02:01am by benzina.)
18-09-2012 01:46am
sethor

I have the same noise, it's very noticable during low speed turning. Going to have it looked at when I go in for the first service.

Fuji White Dynamic Si4
(This post was last modified: 18-09-2012 09:26am by sethor.)
18-09-2012 09:25am
Ranger4

Yes, just had mine fixed and all is well now. It was a relatively simple job and I picked up my car the day after - they lent me an evoque overnight.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
18-09-2012 11:25am
benzina

(18-09-2012 11:25am)Ranger4 Wrote:  Yes, just had mine fixed and all is well now. It was a relatively simple job and I picked up my car the day after - they lent me an evoque overnight.

Did they just re-torque the bolts on yours?

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
18-09-2012 12:19pm
Neo

I heard the same with my car but the mechanic said they were waiting on new bolts to tighten it. He said I can bring the car in at the next time for it to be replaced.

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
18-09-2012 12:57pm
Ranger4

(18-09-2012 12:19pm)benzina Wrote:  Did they just re-torque the bolts on yours?

Actually I'm not sure. I wasn't aware, at the time, that it was a well known problem so I just let them do their thing - whatever they did solved the problem. Sorry that I can't be more helpful....

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
18-09-2012 03:15pm
Barneyridge

Yep I noticed it on mine the other day, after it had gone in for service. I will have to et the info and book it in for a fix.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
19-09-2012 05:14am
benzina

I just went in and reported that i still have the click/tick after my previous visit of just re-torquing the original bolts, and they confirmed that their is now infact a bulletin that suggests ordering the new nuts and bolts made available, and then re-torquing to the specification stated.
So mine are now on order, and the click/tick should finally be sorted soon. So my original question has been answered...new nuts/bolts are required for all of us with this issue.

(This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 05:34am by benzina.)
19-09-2012 05:28am
chiggy

I just took mine in this morning to have it looked at and get the brakes cleaned out and wheel alignment is shocking!! not sure what's going on there!

They also gave me a Ssangyong Rexton as a loan car... what an absolute abomination of a car. apparently it was the only one they had left. surprise.

had crunched up tissues on the passengers side... pretty disgusting actually.

horse cart would've been better!

Hopefully they can sort out the ticking soon.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 19-09-2012 07:12am by chiggy.)
19-09-2012 07:10am