babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Looking for an unswitched 12v supply - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Looking for an unswitched 12v supply (/Thread-Looking-for-an-unswitched-12v-supply)

Looking for an unswitched 12v supply - FujiSan - 10-09-2012 11:47am

I need to conceal a 2-way radio system in the glovebox and I am looking for a high current capable (10 amp max) unswitched supply.

Normally a direct connection to the battery is preferable for many reasons. Has anyone done/does anyone know if there is an easy existing cable route through the bulkhead into the engine compartment, convenient to the glovebox (right-hand drive RRE).

Cheers

Re: Looking for an unswitched 12v supply - DaveR - 10-09-2012 08:00pm

There is a fuse box directly behind the glove box.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

RE: Looking for an unswitched 12v supply - XFullFatTim - 10-09-2012 08:10pm

PM Pete Bell at BAS Fujisan, he has the workshop manual IIRC

RE: Looking for an unswitched 12v supply - FujiSan - 10-09-2012 08:24pm

Well, if there's a fuse box, likely as not there will be a bulkhead grommet nearby. With any luck (and weather permitting) ill have a poke about and see if there is cable route I can use.

Thanks for the info so far.

RE: Looking for an unswitched 12v supply - DaveR - 10-09-2012 09:52pm

(10-09-2012 08:24pm)FujiSan Wrote:  Well, if there's a fuse box, likely as not there will be a bulkhead grommet nearby. With any luck (and weather permitting) ill have a poke about and see if there is cable route I can use.

Thanks for the info so far.

Sorry my first reply was cut short .

There is a cover actually at the back of the glove box, open that and you will see the fuse/relay box, there is also a second cover underneath the dash at the back of the passenger side footwell that gives access to the lower half of the same fuse/relay panel. It's a good bet you coudl pick up a live feed from there somwhere.

RE: Looking for an unswitched 12v supply - FujiSan - 10-09-2012 10:07pm

Cheers DaveR, will have a look see at work tomorrow.
G.

RE: Looking for an unswitched 12v supply - FujiSan - 15-09-2012 04:13pm

Had a look today and found a nice easy route.

Took the battery cover off and looked behind. On the bulkhead, there is a big cable run into the bulkhead and the large cable grommet has an unused (on mine) cable route. So just snipped the end off and pushed my wires through. They come out near the upper fuse box, accessible from the glovebox.

All that was needed was a couple of fuses and a direct connection to the battery was easily possible. All done and dusted!