babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Interesting how... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Interesting how... (/Thread-Interesting-how)

Interesting how... - defender_uk - 09-09-2012 10:27am

...on the LR website, they have moved the RRE down a level to sit between the Freelander and the Disco...
Is it a recognition on LR that the RRE isn't really up to the title of a RR??

Discuss.....lol

RE: Interesting how... - cjfp - 09-09-2012 11:32am

Listed in price lowest to highest.

RE: Interesting how... - defender_uk - 09-09-2012 02:50pm

uhm...bit of a change though.....

RE: Interesting how... - cjfp - 09-09-2012 03:21pm

I think there is a marketing move from LR in the midst - ie there are no longer separate LR and RR Facebook or twitter pages, the RR stuff has closed and you are told to like/ follow the LR page.

RE: Interesting how... - J77 - 10-09-2012 01:16pm

Land rover has scrapped plans to split the brands. Not sure about the new slogan though "above and beyond".

RE: Interesting how... - FFRR - 10-09-2012 02:53pm

Very odd to reverse what was such a major brand division a year or so ago. Wheel centres have changed back to Land Rover ovals from 13MY.

RE: Interesting how... - XFullFatTim - 10-09-2012 02:57pm

Cost savings? Or maybe they did the market research after the change and found that Land Rover was well recognised as a brand (after all, like Jeep, Land Rover has become a generic name for SUV's/4x4's much to the disgust of Mercedes and BMW who's cars I have heard referred to as both Land Rover and Jeep X/ML!) and Range Rover is perceived as a model rather than a range of vehicles

RE: Interesting how... - IKM - 10-09-2012 03:32pm

(10-09-2012 02:53pm)FFRR Wrote:  Very odd to reverse what was such a major brand division a year or so ago. Wheel centres have changed back to Land Rover ovals from 13MY.
Oh well, that's another set or 2 I'll have to buy. Just bought the RR centre caps for the winter rims!