babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Plastic Seat Backing - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Plastic Seat Backing (/Thread-Plastic-Seat-Backing)

Pages: 1 2

Plastic Seat Backing - stef.c - 31-08-2012 02:37pm

Does anybody know if its possible to get the back textured plastic part of the front seat replaced without replacing the whole seat? I've looked at it closely and it does seem to be separate to the main part of the seat.

The reason being that my kids have scratched/scuffed the back of the front seats to b%ggery even though they take their shoes off! Don't ask me how...

Yes I'm aware of seat protectors but thy look sh@t% and spoil the look of the car big time.

If its is possible to replace this I would probably wait till they're a bit older (and not kicking the back seats!) then look into it.

RE: Plastic Seat Backing - WB - 31-08-2012 02:38pm

Should be available as a part but as LRparts.ru website is down its difficult to know for sure - try calling a dealer's parts department and they should be able to look it up.

Remember only the kids can see the seat protectors when you're driving...

RE: Plastic Seat Backing - stef.c - 31-08-2012 06:09pm

(31-08-2012 02:38pm)WB Wrote:  Should be available as a part but as LRparts.ru website is down its difficult to know for sure - try calling a dealer's parts department and they should be able to look it up.

Remember only the kids can see the seat protectors when you're driving...

Haha. Yes but I KNOW they're there. Laughing

RE: Plastic Seat Backing - cjfp - 31-08-2012 06:12pm

Would they wrap? Would wrap be 'kid resistant' ?

RE: Plastic Seat Backing - doug - 31-08-2012 06:19pm

(31-08-2012 06:12pm)cjfp Wrote:  Would they wrap? Would wrap be 'kid resistant' ?

The kids or the seats

RE: Plastic Seat Backing - cjfp - 31-08-2012 06:37pm

Whichever is the easiest and long term cheapest! Laughing

RE: Plastic Seat Backing - Gartly gav - 31-08-2012 07:11pm

The plastic seems to be so soft and easily marked, mine has one scratch on somehow, no kids! LR should of made it tougher considering where it is or even all leather?

RE: Plastic Seat Backing - IKM - 31-08-2012 08:39pm

(31-08-2012 06:09pm)stef.c Wrote:  Haha. Yes but I KNOW they're there. Laughing
Yeh, but you also know the kids are there kicking the h*l* out of your seat backs. Which is the worse to think about?

RE: Plastic Seat Backing - doug - 31-08-2012 08:43pm

It should be hold in place with clips like any other car seat. When I get round to my head rest screen mod, I will need this backing to be removed to run the cables though.
As for the clear plastic sheets which hang down off the head rest, I do use them. Not the best looking mod on the Market, but they do the trick.

RE: Plastic Seat Backing - jrinns - 31-08-2012 08:54pm

Mines kicked to shit aswell, was thinking if i decide to shift it at some point then a new seat back would be required