Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Plastic Seat Backing
stef.c

Plastic Seat Backing

Does anybody know if its possible to get the back textured plastic part of the front seat replaced without replacing the whole seat? I've looked at it closely and it does seem to be separate to the main part of the seat.

The reason being that my kids have scratched/scuffed the back of the front seats to b%ggery even though they take their shoes off! Don't ask me how...

Yes I'm aware of seat protectors but thy look sh@t% and spoil the look of the car big time.

If its is possible to replace this I would probably wait till they're a bit older (and not kicking the back seats!) then look into it.

Arrived: Range Rover Evoque Prestige SD4 5 door in Fuji White & Vibe Interior. Extras: Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Rear Entertainment, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Ebony Headlining, Adaptive Xenon, Hi Beam Asssist, Privacy Glass, Homelink, Heated Steering.
(This post was last modified: 31-08-2012 03:09pm by stef.c.)
31-08-2012 02:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Plastic Seat Backing

Should be available as a part but as LRparts.ru website is down its difficult to know for sure - try calling a dealer's parts department and they should be able to look it up.

Remember only the kids can see the seat protectors when you're driving...
31-08-2012 02:38pm
stef.c

(31-08-2012 02:38pm)WB Wrote:  Should be available as a part but as LRparts.ru website is down its difficult to know for sure - try calling a dealer's parts department and they should be able to look it up.

Remember only the kids can see the seat protectors when you're driving...

Haha. Yes but I KNOW they're there. Laughing

Arrived: Range Rover Evoque Prestige SD4 5 door in Fuji White & Vibe Interior. Extras: Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Rear Entertainment, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Ebony Headlining, Adaptive Xenon, Hi Beam Asssist, Privacy Glass, Homelink, Heated Steering.
31-08-2012 06:09pm
cjfp

Would they wrap? Would wrap be 'kid resistant' ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
31-08-2012 06:12pm
doug

(31-08-2012 06:12pm)cjfp Wrote:  Would they wrap? Would wrap be 'kid resistant' ?

The kids or the seats

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
31-08-2012 06:19pm
cjfp

Whichever is the easiest and long term cheapest! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
31-08-2012 06:37pm
Gartly gav

The plastic seems to be so soft and easily marked, mine has one scratch on somehow, no kids! LR should of made it tougher considering where it is or even all leather?

Pure Tech 5 door TD4 in Orkney grey, ebony interior, privacy glass, fog lights, xenon lights.
Collection 24th July...
31-08-2012 07:11pm
IKM

(31-08-2012 06:09pm)stef.c Wrote:  Haha. Yes but I KNOW they're there. Laughing
Yeh, but you also know the kids are there kicking the h*l* out of your seat backs. Which is the worse to think about?

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
31-08-2012 08:39pm
doug

It should be hold in place with clips like any other car seat. When I get round to my head rest screen mod, I will need this backing to be removed to run the cables though.
As for the clear plastic sheets which hang down off the head rest, I do use them. Not the best looking mod on the Market, but they do the trick.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
31-08-2012 08:43pm
jrinns

Mines kicked to shit aswell, was thinking if i decide to shift it at some point then a new seat back would be required
31-08-2012 08:54pm