babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Parts bin specials - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Parts bin specials (/Thread-Parts-bin-specials)

Pages: 1 2

Parts bin specials - XFullFatTim - 29-08-2012 05:55pm

I see that both the new FFRR and the 2013MY Jaguars are getting lots of bits from the Evoque - HiFi's, Satnavs, steering wheels all seem to being shared - I would be rather cheesed off to find my £120,000 FFRR had the steering wheel and switch gear from an Evoque and even more p*ssed off to find it has the awful satnav that my car has, same with the new Jaguar XJ 3.0SC - has the exact steering wheel as I have in my Dynamic except the one shown in Autocar today is cow poo brown

RE: Parts bin specials - mark_n - 29-08-2012 06:16pm

I agree. While I think the interior of the Evoque is really good at this point, I think the pictures of a very similar interior in the new FFRR show it to be a bit low-rent compared to the previous car. I hate the faux-wood trim.

RE: Parts bin specials - XFullFatTim - 29-08-2012 06:18pm

That "Zebrano" wood in the pictures of the new FRR looks like it was salvaged from a 1980's Mercedes Benz................... whatever next, Benztex fake leather?

RE: Parts bin specials - The Valeter - 29-08-2012 07:28pm

(29-08-2012 06:16pm)mark_n Wrote:  I agree. While I think the interior of the Evoque is really good at this point, I think the pictures of a very similar interior in the new FFRR show it to be a bit low-rent compared to the previous car. I hate the faux-wood trim.

faux Shocked Even my Montego has REAL wood trim.Laughing

RE: Parts bin specials - defender_uk - 29-08-2012 08:12pm

(29-08-2012 05:55pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I see that both the new FFRR and the 2013MY Jaguars are getting lots of bits from the Evoque - HiFi's, Satnavs, steering wheels all seem to being shared - I would be rather cheesed off to find my £120,000 FFRR had the steering wheel and switch gear from an Evoque and even more p*ssed off to find it has the awful satnav that my car has, same with the new Jaguar XJ 3.0SC - has the exact steering wheel as I have in my Dynamic except the one shown in Autocar today is cow poo brown

1000% agreement on all of that Tim...Really surprised the new RR looks like an RRE inside, certainly at the price they are putting it at...and as for putting in the RRE stanav...someone had too much slunk as as teenager!!

RE: Parts bin specials - WB - 29-08-2012 09:02pm

You're looking at it the wrong way round. We should be pleased the Evoque has lots of new FFRR bits!! It's also got the same jumbo wing mirrors!

RE: Parts bin specials - defender_uk - 29-08-2012 09:05pm

...I was always rather fond of Jumbo....

RE: Parts bin specials - WB - 29-08-2012 09:08pm

(29-08-2012 09:05pm)defender_uk Wrote:  ...I was always rather fond of Jumbo....

Although they won't look quite so HUGE attached to an FFRR

RE: Parts bin specials - WB - 29-08-2012 11:07pm

Just took another look and while the steering wheel is similar it has 4 spokes rather than three on the Evoque and has different controls.

RE: Parts bin specials - doug - 29-08-2012 11:11pm

So the steering wheel is round like the RRE Wink