babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Still in finishing after a 9 days! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Still in finishing after a 9 days! (/Thread-Still-in-finishing-after-a-9-days)

Pages: 1 2

Still in finishing after a 9 days! - BRO-T - 29-08-2012 03:44pm

Ok, i ordered my Evoque back in March and the build date was 20th August near about and due date was 1st September in time for the new plate.

As of today my dealer still doesn't have the car. Where on earth is it and what does "finishing" mean exactly?

I haven't ordered anything special, Firense Red SD4 Pure +tech, Camera, Fogs, Power mirrors.

RE: Still in finishing after a 9 days! - XFullFatTim - 29-08-2012 06:20pm

It means that the QC guys have found build faults....................................... often these are paint defects

RE: Still in finishing after a 9 days! - Griff449 - 29-08-2012 07:19pm

My dealer contacted me today and mine STILL hasn't turned up! Best be there by Monday............ Co spidering it was built 18th July it's taking the psssssss

RE: Still in finishing after a 9 days! - xxxx5 - 29-08-2012 08:49pm

The guys have to have holidays you know! I think they have been on summer shut down.

RE: Still in finishing after a 9 days! - WB - 29-08-2012 08:52pm

Good jb any defects were spotted at the factory but it would probably be worth going over the paintwork very carefully at handover

RE: Still in finishing after a 9 days! - Griff449 - 29-08-2012 09:15pm

(29-08-2012 08:49pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  The guys have to have holidays you know! I think they have been on summer shut down.

Need to change jobs then if they are getting over a months holiday after finishing building mine then.......Wink

RE: Still in finishing after a 9 days! - BRO-T - 30-08-2012 08:28am

I guess it is a good job that they found the faults before handover. Its just annoying as the car is due to be with me for the 1st September, and I lose my car tonight.

RE: Still in finishing after a 9 days! - BRO-T - 30-08-2012 02:32pm

Just had an update from my dealer. Apparently LR are waiting on a part. This is holding up deliveries for PURE and possible Prestige models!!

Is this BullSh*t to fob me off or a general shortage of parts?

RE: Still in finishing after a 9 days! - DaveR - 30-08-2012 03:03pm

Perhaps not if they have ramped up production (and we know they have recently gone to 24 hour working)
It is quite feasible that they might encouter supply issues as there suppliers also try to step up production to keep up with demand.

RE: Still in finishing after a 9 days! - NightFox - 30-08-2012 04:55pm

(30-08-2012 02:32pm)BRO-T Wrote:  Just had an update from my dealer. Apparently LR are waiting on a part. This is holding up deliveries for PURE and possible Prestige models!!

Is this BullSh*t to fob me off or a general shortage of parts?

The build date for my Pure recently slipped from early October to mid November, so maybe there are some supply issues?