babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Jaguar XF and XJ to get 4WD - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: Jaguar XF and XJ to get 4WD (/Thread-Jaguar-XF-and-XJ-to-get-4WD)

Jaguar XF and XJ to get 4WD - XFullFatTim - 22-08-2012 02:12pm

According to the latest Autocar (and also in Auto-Express and Car Magazines) that LR has had a lot of input into the new 4wd 3.0ltr V6 versions of the XF and XJ. Unfortuantely for the time being they won't be offered in the UK, only in the "snow belt" of the USA, Russian and Chinese markets. Pity as I was very taken with the Jaguar XF Sportback but ruled it out as a replacement for the RRE next year because it doesn't have 4WD.
Also read in todays Autocar about Kahn's modifications to the Evqoue - apparently Gerry MacGovern doesn't like any of the offerings from any of the "bespoke" remodellers (I quite agree with him too!). Apparrently Kahn has found it extremely difficult to improve the Evoque (don't we know it!) and have only succeeded in making it look different. Also in the item is a bit about their Chelseatruck version of the Jeep Wrangler - apparrently they sold more of their modified version than the dealership network sold standard editions in total last year, just goes to show there are still plenty of folks out there with too much money and not much taste

RE: Jaguar XF and XJ to get 4WD - Craig_d1 - 22-08-2012 11:16pm

I do find it strange Jaguar wont release their cars in 4WD. I not too sure if they're worried about higher CO2 emissions or what, but after the last few winters, there's definitely demand for them.
If the German marques are bringing their 4WD saloons and estates here, why not Jaguar.