babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
not so smooth brakes.. - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: not so smooth brakes.. (/Thread-not-so-smooth-brakes)

Pages: 1 2

not so smooth brakes.. - socalvoque - 21-08-2012 06:33am

the problem has been solved.... sold the car.

Thank you.

RE: not so smooth brakes.. - XFullFatTim - 21-08-2012 08:47am

with 350 miles on it (unless they are all city driving) have your brakes really bedded in yet?

RE: not so smooth brakes.. - Barneyridge - 21-08-2012 10:14am

I think it is 1. Getting use to the brake pressure needed (compared to my Subaru I found them touchy), and 2. Bedding the brakes in. Give it a few for miles Smile

RE: not so smooth brakes.. - slee18 - 21-08-2012 07:02pm

its normal socal it downshifts which causes the jerking. it gets better as you drive and the car learns your driving habits. Unlike most modern cars they freewheel when braking unless you manually select a gear.

RE: not so smooth brakes.. - katscan - 21-08-2012 07:47pm

Mine is smooth. 350 miles on a Dynamic 4 door and the brakes are 'bitey' (just the way I like them), confidence inspiring, progressive, and just generally very good. I haven't tested brake fade yet, which I should probably do soon to see what the stock pads capabilities are. The worst feeling in the world is slamming the brakes and realizing there is nothing there becausee brake fade has kicked in. (Only ever really would occur in stop/go traffic which goes from reasonable speeds to stop multiple times rapidly)

RE: not so smooth brakes.. - vinda - 27-08-2012 01:44am

I've done 11000 miles now and yesterday had to put the brakes to good use. Slammed on at roundabout otherwise a definite collision. All is ok. But such a close call. No complaints from me!

RE: not so smooth brakes.. - mark_n - 27-08-2012 08:04pm

I think the brakes are excellent.

RE: not so smooth brakes.. - socalvoque - 28-08-2012 05:34am

I think i shoud restate what I mean.... yes the brakes are SMOOTH, meaning no vibration from the brakes, but what I am saying is that when coming to a stop, the engine seems to downshift on occasion and therefore coming to a stop is not so smooth???.... Its hard to describe it, but its there.

not so smooth brakes.. - Neo - 28-08-2012 06:32am

Yes, this would be more of a gearing issue on the evoques. I have noticed the stuttering or hesitation of the gear box when down shifting. It's not as smooth as other gear boxes say the VW/Audi dual clutch gear box.

RE: not so smooth brakes.. - socalvoque - 29-08-2012 05:53am

Neo, yes that is it, so does it go away after it "learns" my driving style? previous poster says it does...

(28-08-2012 06:32am)Neo Wrote:  Yes, this would be more of a gearing issue on the evoques. I have noticed the stuttering or hesitation of the gear box when down shifting. It's not as smooth as other gear boxes say the VW/Audi dual clutch gear box.