babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? (/Thread-Kerbing-their-alloys-How-are-people-finding-their-diff-rims)

Pages: 1 2 3

Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - Craig_d1 - 13-08-2012 11:52am

i had a pure with 18" alloys which i could pretty much drive anywhere without having to worry about kerbing them. How are people finding their 19" and 20" rims. I've got a dynamic with standard 20" rims on order and was thinking of maybe picking up a set of 19" rims.

RE: Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - Coolbanana - 13-08-2012 12:10pm

I've not kerbed a rim yet but I do take a lot of care when parking. I also use the surround cameras to gauge where the wheels are in relation to high kerbs if I'm not sure.

I would imagine the 20's wouldn't be great off-road over rocky terrain though.

RE: Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - IKM - 13-08-2012 01:04pm

No kerbing (so far!) with my 19" style 5. Although I do very little parallel parking with my Evoque. I've also bought a set of 18" rims for winter.

RE: Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - XFullFatTim - 13-08-2012 01:23pm

I have 20's and so far the only scuff was done by me on day3 of ownership, day 2 the car went offroading and never picked up one scuff although it wasn't exactly a rockclimbing type of offroad run

RE: Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - jitenc - 13-08-2012 09:10pm

Already kerbed, used tyre and alloy insurance. Got 8 more claims before the insurance runs out in 30 months time... Not worried....

RE: Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - ojonesyo - 13-08-2012 09:21pm

I have only covered around 400 miles with my 20 inch Shadow Chrome rims and have managed to suffer a small 4mm round chip, presumably caused by a flying stone? I will try a paint stick repair, since it is not that noticeable. By the way, they look great with Havana paint.

RE: Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - PhilSkill - 13-08-2012 10:33pm

19's and no scuffs at all after thousands of miles and I hit a high kerb in a London car park, just bounced off the tyre sidewall Smile.

Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - ceebee - 13-08-2012 10:53pm

20" , 10,500 miles with no issues.

RE: Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - cs33wa - 14-08-2012 05:22am

(13-08-2012 12:10pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  I've not kerbed a rim yet but I do take a lot of care when parking. I also use the surround cameras to gauge where the wheels are in relation to high kerbs if I'm not sure.

I would imagine the 20's wouldn't be great off-road over rocky terrain though.

Hi, how practical is the surround camera at night?
Just like you, i m thinking to order the surround camera so that i can have the kerb view to protect the wheel. However, unlike front and rear camera, there are no lights on the side of the car, so just no sure whether it still gives clear kerb view at night.
Thanks for your feedback.

RE: Kerbing their alloys? How are people finding their diff rims? - Coolbanana - 14-08-2012 10:31am

(14-08-2012 05:22am)cs33wa Wrote:  Hi, how practical is the surround camera at night?
Just like you, i m thinking to order the surround camera so that i can have the kerb view to protect the wheel. However, unlike front and rear camera, there are no lights on the side of the car, so just no sure whether it still gives clear kerb view at night.
Thanks for your feedback.

Good question! I've not in 7 months had the occasion to parallel park at night. I'll check later in the garage and see how the side cameras work.