babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal (/Thread-Volume-control-on-steering-wheel-is-hormonal)

Pages: 1 2 3

Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - ADZ - 12-08-2012 07:54pm

Rolling Eyes
I don't know - I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong this time but...
Sometimes the volume control just stops working then I have to twiddle the knobs like nobody's business. I then need to reboot i.e. stop and start the engine before the steering controls work again. Any ideas?
Thanks forum clever people. Very Happy

RE: Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - slee18 - 12-08-2012 08:33pm

Mine isn't the volume control. It's changing the station sometimes I when I press it, it skips 2 stations instead of 1. When I turn the car off it will be fine. I can't seem to find a way to reboot the system while it's on. There's got to be a away

RE: Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - Barneyridge - 13-08-2012 07:08am

(12-08-2012 08:33pm)slee18 Wrote:  Mine isn't the volume control. It's changing the station sometimes I when I press it, it skips 2 stations instead of 1. When I turn the car off it will be fine. I can't seem to find a way to reboot the system while it's on. There's got to be a away

+1 mine does that skipping station thing too occasionally.

RE: Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - speary - 13-08-2012 08:53am

(12-08-2012 07:54pm)ADZ Wrote:  Rolling Eyes
I don't know - I really don't think I'm doing anything wrong this time but...
Sometimes the volume control just stops working then I have to twiddle the knobs like nobody's business. I then need to reboot i.e. stop and start the engine before the steering controls work again. Any ideas?
Thanks forum clever people. Very Happy

Mine is the same, also sometimes it wont switch modes either. I am not that impressed with this as my previous Audis never had such issues

RE: Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - Kentboy - 13-08-2012 09:03am

I have had the volume come up exceptionally loud and the only thing you can do is to turn the audio off with the main knob. I wondered what the hell was going on!

RE: Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - ADZ - 13-08-2012 06:46pm

I will have to ask around at the dealer - hopefully they have an idea. I'll post whatever response I get here. Have a great evening all!

RE: Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - ADZ - 15-08-2012 06:35am

Hi all.
The dealer has advised that he encountered similar problems on the first demo he had. He reckons it could probably be an issue with the software (good safe answer and to be expected) and has requested that I bring my honey over for a squizz. I'll do that in the next few days and report back.
Have a great day!

Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - Neo - 15-08-2012 08:40am

Aw, I don't have that prob yet and hope it stays that way, hehe

RE: Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - ADZ - 15-08-2012 04:45pm

Hey hey Neo. Surprised you could tear yourself away from your honey to post Rolling with Laughter
Truth be told it's not the most awful problem to have but once you've become accustomed to steering controls, it does become a pain when it doesn't work. Enjoy that just-purchased smell Smile Oh and post pics.

RE: Volume control on steering wheel is hormonal - XFullFatTim - 16-08-2012 11:33pm

ADZ if you want to keep that new car smell then you can buy airfresheners in the UK from these guys that are scented to smell of new leather......... http://www.liquidleather.com/car-shop.html scroll down to the third from last product. They are excellent and I have been using them in my cars for a few years now just to make it continue to have that nice new leather smell.