babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Whatcolorsfor ambient lights? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Whatcolorsfor ambient lights? (/Thread-Whatcolorsfor-ambient-lights)

Whatcolorsfor ambient lights? - Eddy - 28-07-2012 07:57pm

Hello everybody,

I know that there are 5 different colors for the interior lighting.

White - red - blue - ?? - ??

Who knows what other colors can be chosen?

Thanks.

RE: Whatcolorsfor ambient lights? - Deaky - 28-07-2012 08:26pm

Well its sort of Red - Pink - White - Pale Blue - Blue but they're all fairly dim. Also doesn't matter what colour they're set to they all go red when in dynamic mode

RE: Whatcolorsfor ambient lights? - WB - 28-07-2012 08:44pm

They really are very poor and barely visible especially the ones in the door cards. A shame as it should have been a very nice feature.

RE: Whatcolorsfor ambient lights? - ED209 - 28-07-2012 11:25pm

To be honest the ambient lighting is crap, the vauxhall astras take on it is better (and i am being serious)

RE: Whatcolorsfor ambient lights? - invoke - 29-07-2012 04:59am

In my car the only place I notice ambient light is the triangular well in the middle console and the tiny led on inside door handle (not door opening latch).

Is this the same with everyone?

RE: Whatcolorsfor ambient lights? - cousin.it - 29-07-2012 06:03am

(29-07-2012 04:59am)invoke Wrote:  In my car the only place I notice ambient light is the triangular well in the middle console and the tiny led on inside door handle (not door opening latch).

Is this the same with everyone?

That's all I've noticed too.

When I was car shopping in the Fall I looked at the Ford Edge and Explorer before I saw an Evoque. The Ford's have ambient accent lighting too now, but it is more pronounced. In particular, the foot wells on the driver's and front passenger areas and I have to say I really like the faint red LED illumination down there around the pedals. I've already had a time or two at night where I tried to see down around the pedals in my Evoque and couldn't. I spent a little time looking at those ambient lighting add-on kits that are all over eBay. I just wish there was an expansion kit for the LR that would maintain the color options and adjustments.

RE: Whatcolorsfor ambient lights? - XFullFatTim - 29-07-2012 06:47pm

My last car was the BIG DADDY Range Rover and that had ambient lighting all over the place and it was way too bright and only dim-able / adjustable by a small amount and also only brilliant LED white. I don't have a problem with the RRE's although I dislike the colours and leave it set to white all the time except when using the Dynamic Setting of the TR. Yes there could be a few more LED's but mine lights up the empty space behind the centre console/ below the dash as well as the door cards