babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New full fat? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: New full fat? (/Thread-New-full-fat)

Pages: 1 2 3

New full fat? - WB - 24-07-2012 10:59am

Apologies if this has been previously posted - first photo I've seen of an uncamouflaged one. Don't really like what they've done with it at all...

http://www.ovalnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013-land-rover-range-rover-leaked_100396417_l11.jpg

RE: New full fat? - The Valeter - 24-07-2012 11:14am

Needs more of a makeover IMO. Too old & block like looking still.

RE: New full fat? - ED209 - 24-07-2012 11:20am

Why call it full fat? Why not just call it a range rover?

For some reason the term full fat makes me irrationally angry lol

RE: New full fat? - WB - 24-07-2012 11:30am

(24-07-2012 11:20am)ED209 Wrote:  Why call it full fat? Why not just call it a range rover?

For some reason the term full fat makes me irrationally angry lol

Sorry - I'd never heard the term until I joined this forum as I've never been a fan of RR until the LRX/Evoque came along... Laughing

I think the trouble is that Range Rover is both a brand and a model.. hence no need to call the Sport a Diet Range Rover

RE: New full fat? - jitenc - 24-07-2012 11:53am

the front looks like a Evoque makeover, the wind screen looks likes it borrowed from a london taxi, and the back..... not sure yet what i make of it... still sticking to my Evoque...

RE: New full fat? - BOBM4N - 24-07-2012 11:54am

Not sure about that at all.... arguably heading more in the direction of the Disco than anything else.

Don't think the protective plastic is helping judge either.

Not far away from this : http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop/201207/2013-landrover-rangerover_1600x0w.jpg

RE: New full fat? - XFullFatTim - 24-07-2012 01:59pm

Full Fat came about after the launch of the RRS which was called Range Rover Lite (despite being 300kg heavier!) Land Rover hates the term, just like they hate Evoque being called Baby RR

One reason why it is not HUGELY radically different is that the buyers of L322 (the out going model) don't want L405 to be too different and as RR has sold mainly to repeat buyers in it's existing markets they had to listen to them. It is bigger than the L322 version to give bigger boot space ( for 6th and 7th seats in the boot) and more rear leg room which has long been a complaint about L322. As soon as pictures of a Jumbo Evoque went on the web LR was very quickly told that it wasn't what RR buyers wanted. I think once you see it in the flesh it will be a very nice car, don't forget too that the L322 has been way more successful for LR than any of it's predecessors which is why it has remained in production almost unchanged since 2002

RE: New full fat? - PhilSkill - 24-07-2012 02:16pm

Yes very different market, as it needs to be to not take sales from the Evoque or RRS, Too bland for me (not to mention big) but then we Evoque owners are not it's target audience! I'm more likely to go RRS than Full Fat.

RE: New full fat? - XFullFatTim - 24-07-2012 02:39pm

Hi spec RRE or low spec L405, this is the question!

RE: New full fat? - slee18 - 24-07-2012 04:03pm

It looks to much like a Ford Flex in the US that's been redesigned for this year I believe