babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
rock chips on trunk and rear bumper - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: rock chips on trunk and rear bumper (/Thread-rock-chips-on-trunk-and-rear-bumper)

rock chips on trunk and rear bumper - Bruno787 - 21-07-2012 03:24pm

i just had my evoque for a few days, and already found a few tiny rock chips on the rear bumper and lower part of the trunk, is this because of the car's very little rear overhang that the rear tires are hurling minutes rocks towards the bodywork??????

RE: rock chips on trunk and rear bumper - jrinns - 21-07-2012 03:52pm

(21-07-2012 03:24pm)Bruno787 Wrote:  i just had my evoque for a few days, and already found a few tiny rock chips on the rear bumper and lower part of the trunk, is this because of the car's very little rear overhang that the rear tires are hurling minutes rocks towards the bodywork??????

Trunk? Elephant trunk ?Smile

Bonnet dude!

Ive got mudguards which seem to be working

RE: rock chips on trunk and rear bumper - mark_n - 21-07-2012 03:59pm

(21-07-2012 03:52pm)jrinns Wrote:  Trunk? Elephant trunk ?Smile

Bonnet dude!

Actually, what we call a bonnet is, in North American speak or for those who learn their English from an over-exposure to North American popular culture, a hood.

Anyway... Mud-flaps are your friends but if there's damage other than on the underside of the rear bumper, it may be a paint quality issue.

RE: rock chips on trunk and rear bumper - XFullFatTim - 21-07-2012 05:39pm

And the English translation of Trunk is boot........................... and next time you are in the USA try going into a stationers shop and asking for a rubber...................... you'll get some very odd looks and be directed to the chemists because what you are looking for is called an eraser in the USofA
and what you would have been asking for is a condom!

RE: rock chips on trunk and rear bumper - cjfp - 21-07-2012 05:47pm

And we won't go near 'fanny' ! Laughing

RE: rock chips on trunk and rear bumper - XFullFatTim - 21-07-2012 05:53pm

The FFRR and RRS guys used to get all a-twitter when new American members came on the forums talking about their "Trucks" - usual reaction "how dare you call a Range Rover a truck" and comparison photos of a lorry and an RRS or FFRR would be posted. Two peoples separated by a common language - isn't that how the old adage goes?

RE: rock chips on trunk and rear bumper - doug - 21-07-2012 06:01pm

I will never forget the look on a lady's face I was talking to in a US airport "smoking room" a few years ago, when I said I had been dying for a "fag" for the last 9 hours Confused