babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: In Car Electronics (/Forum-In-Car-Electronics)
+--- Thread: iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay (/Thread-iPhone-4s-streaming-not-working-via-Bluetooth-or-AirPlay)

Pages: 1 2

iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - Lone Rangerover - 21-07-2012 05:46am

I have connected my phone via bt both by the option that allows you to connect the phone to the car or the car to the phone ( both pairing options ) but have had no luck in being able to stream music.

while Bluetooth phone calls work the music doesn't. Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong ?

I'm running iOS 5.1.1 which is the latest iPhone 4S software. Is there a special way to stream the music from an iPhone ?

My evoque is a 2012 dynamic five door (us spec)

RE: iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - ADZ - 21-07-2012 12:16pm

+1
Keen to see the responses. Mine has finally arrived in the country but I guess I have to wait for a week or 2 while it gets prepped. If you have no luck by the time I take delivery I'll ask my dealer. I foresee having the same problem. Enjoy your drive Smile

iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - Neo - 21-07-2012 02:37pm

I'm interested in the solution to this topic. I love the BT streaming feature and used it in my last car and it's wonderful

RE: iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - XFullFatTim - 21-07-2012 09:36pm

On your iPhone there is a feature to limit the volume of the device if you go to Settings, Music, Volume Limit
Just check that is switched off or if it is on then set it to max. Not sure if that will help. If you use a cable to connect can you hear any music?

RE: iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - mzn50 - 22-07-2012 12:43pm

I have a May2012 build and streaming works fine at the same IOS level... Wondering if it's not a RR firmware level that needs to be upgraded..?

RE: iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - berlin2011 - 22-07-2012 09:26pm

Nope, mine's a Sept '11 build and all works fine so can't imagine it being firmware.

Lone Rangerover, are you 100% sure you selected your phone as the source in the 'My Music' section? The car's not smart enoug to automatically switch when you start playing music on the phone.

RE: iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - WB - 22-07-2012 09:31pm

check your iphone isn't muted using the slider button...

RE: iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - Lone Rangerover - 23-07-2012 03:19am

(21-07-2012 09:36pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  On your iPhone there is a feature to limit the volume of the device if you go to Settings, Music, Volume Limit
Just check that is switched off or if it is on then set it to max. Not sure if that will help. If you use a cable to connect can you hear any music?

Ok tried the port, and it works - just not the streaming
(22-07-2012 09:31pm)WB Wrote:  check your iphone isn't muted using the slider button...

Checked this - it wasn't muted. Hmmmmm still wondering what's keeping the streaming from working

RE: iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - maccacch - 23-07-2012 03:10pm

its an ios problem i believe. try making a new playlist and playing from that playlist. worked for me - just unable to play from the "purchased" playlist

RE: iPhone 4s streaming not working via Bluetooth or AirPlay - Lone Rangerover - 27-07-2012 06:10am

(23-07-2012 03:10pm)maccacch Wrote:  its an ios problem i believe. try making a new playlist and playing from that playlist. worked for me - just unable to play from the "purchased" playlist

Okay got it figured out.

It's important to go to my music and select your iPhone as an additional step before it will work