babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Diesel Engine Noise - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Diesel Engine Noise (/Thread-Diesel-Engine-Noise)

Pages: 1 2

Diesel Engine Noise - Kentboy - 18-07-2012 07:47am

Had the car for over a week but today was the first time I stood and watched my wife drive it away. I was stunned at the noise the engine makes from outside the vehicle, its like a tractor. Why is that with such a modern vehicle?

I know it cost twice as much but my son has a deisel Posch Panamera and the sound of the engine from outside sounds absolutely fantastic and very very classy. He also averages 38mpg and is not light on the pedal.

I am really disappointed at how it sounds which is not in keeping to how it looks.

RE: Diesel Engine Noise - XFullFatTim - 18-07-2012 08:06am

Have you ever listened to any VW/Audi or Merc Diesel from the outside? They are far louder

RE: Diesel Engine Noise - Kentboy - 18-07-2012 08:39am

(18-07-2012 08:06am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Have you ever listened to any VW/Audi or Merc Diesel from the outside? They are far louder

I wouldnt buy any of those Tim

RE: Diesel Engine Noise - Neo - 18-07-2012 08:49am

I have compared it to the BMW X3 diesel engines and they are far louder outside and inside of the car.

RE: Diesel Engine Noise - Kentboy - 18-07-2012 08:56am

(18-07-2012 08:49am)Neo Wrote:  I have compared it to the BMW X3 diesel engines and they are far louder outside and inside of the car.

Absolutely no complaints from inside the car its very quiet, that's why I was stunned from outside.

RE: Diesel Engine Noise - benzina - 18-07-2012 12:15pm

On the contruary Kentboy,i think it's the best 4 cylinder diesel sound i have ever heard.....i like it alot.
Sort of husky,and powerful sounding,with less clatter then any other 4 pot diesel's around.
Sure, my sisters got a Audi Q5 six cylinder 3.0L Diesel,and that sounds even better, but six cylinder's aways will sound a bit more classy.

RE: Diesel Engine Noise - Barneyridge - 18-07-2012 12:25pm

I like the turbo whistle

RE: Diesel Engine Noise - maccacch - 18-07-2012 01:06pm

diesel .... classy?? thats almost like saying that a 250cc scooter sounds like a harley

RE: Diesel Engine Noise - Kentboy - 18-07-2012 07:16pm

Ok I give in!

RE: Diesel Engine Noise - XFullFatTim - 18-07-2012 07:53pm

We get what you are saying but it doesn't detract from the car does it? My 2.2 4 cylinder Evoque is nowhere near as whisper quiet on the outside as either my RRS TDv6, RRS TDv8 or FFRR TDv8 were, but I reckon the Evoque is quieter on the inside than all of them.