babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? (/Thread-Do-you-acknowledge-other-Evoque-drivers-on-the-road)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - PAT - 04-07-2012 01:17pm

I've flashed at a few fellow RRE owners on the road but found it hard keeping control of the car Embarrassed

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - sandman - 04-07-2012 01:29pm

My list of previous cars and gestures in order

Moggie - Gentlemanly wave, doff of cap...if they had the energy
Singer Vogue - Never passed another on the road...ever...but would be too busy trying to stay in a straight line to bother.
GT6 Convertible - Would stand on seat waving (if hood was off), pomp horn etc
MR2 Mk1 - Nod/Wave
Elise S1 - Wave/Grin
SMax - Not even made the effort.

Was wondering if the waving would start again when I get an Evoque!

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - Belvoirbloke - 04-07-2012 01:44pm

(04-07-2012 08:58am)RacingSnake Wrote:  As a long time owner of various smart cars, it's reasonably common with them... given the relative rarity of the evoque I thought I'd do the same.
I have so far waved at probably a dozen cars... not 1 has waved back.... in fact the last time I did it, my wife just said "don't do that". LOL
LOL “don’t do that” ))

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - benzina - 04-07-2012 01:46pm

I give a steering wheel wave from the 12 o'clock position, and usually get one back. We look different from other cars, and i feel their's a sort of comradery going on.

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - Belvoirbloke - 04-07-2012 01:51pm

Almost all of the drivers I see around here are female drivers and I don’t think it’s a very female thing to do.
However .. the only person who has waved WAS female, a Dynamic white with black roof along the A57 in the Newark direction.
I was so pleased I nearly ran off the road trying to make a reciprocal gesture.
The most daunting people who I definitely wouldn’t wave to are Black Dynamic Coupes, privacy glass with full headlights on in daylight and
king size Raybans ... too chic to wave to.
I think often people might wave but you can’t see, reflection in glass etc, better to flash ?

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - J77 - 04-07-2012 08:18pm

Yes, once, it was a female and she just looked at me as though I was a perv.

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - jitenc - 04-07-2012 08:45pm

Tried it, wore the t-shirt and now using it as rag...
I wrote this thread some time back..... And now I have just given up waving, thumbs up or flashing.... Lasted 2 months only:

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Iconic-gesture-for-an-iconic-car?

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - Bodlyfunctions - 04-07-2012 09:39pm

A nod of acknowledgement with a wry grin of understanding tends to get responded to!

Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - flurberman - 04-07-2012 09:44pm

I encountered an identical Orkney Grey Dynamic coming towards me in Northampton, we exchanged a headlight flash and big grins. My wife cringed!

I'd never dream of flashing a Fuji White or a Red...strictly other Orkneys only! Smile lol

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - jitenc - 04-07-2012 09:52pm

I see 2 Fujis everyday.... Will be running out of bulb life if I keep on flashing...Sad