Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road?
paulcon

Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road?

As my wife has branded me a 'geek' again for BRR forum activity it seems only right that when I collect my Evoque at the weekend I look to resume a practice that makes her cringe in embarrasment, a practice I buried several years ago when I sold my Elise and entered a period of German-ania.

I am of course referring to acknowledging fellow Evoque drivers on the roads. The question is, in practice....

'Is the Evoque special enough to warrant a drive-by 'high 5' to your fellow owners?'

Black 'n Black SD4 Dynamic Lux 5-door with privacy.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 09:17am by paulcon.)
04-07-2012 08:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WorldTraveler

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road?

(04-07-2012 08:45am)paulcon Wrote:  As my wife has branded me a 'geek' again for BRR[/i] forum activity it seems only right that when I collect my Evoque at the weekend I look to resume a practice that makes her cringe in embarrasment, a practice I buried several years ago when I sold my Elise and entered a period of German-ania.

I am of course referring to acknowledging fellow Evoque drivers on the roads. The question is, in practice....

'Is the Evoque special enough to warrant a drive-by 'high 5' to your fellow owners?'

I did this when I got my first BMW Mini only 2 months after it went to market back in the early 2000's, even the Classic Mini drivers gave a "High Five" .... I did try thjis again whn I got my Evoque, but alas I think most Evoque owners are "Snobbs" and prefer to ignore the gesture.

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
04-07-2012 08:49am
RacingSnake

As a long time owner of various smart cars, it's reasonably common with them... given the relative rarity of the evoque I thought I'd do the same.
I have so far waved at probably a dozen cars... not 1 has waved back.... in fact the last time I did it, my wife just said "don't do that". LOL

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
04-07-2012 08:58am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chiggy

Sometimes - depends on how scary the other person is. but usually... yes.

often its just long hard stares at the other person's car

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
04-07-2012 09:18am
doug

I'm to busy looking at the other Evoque, working out if it's better than mine to notice if there waving Laughing

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
04-07-2012 09:31am
ant

I always do. Also with Defenders, MINIs, Minis, and Stags. I used to with Range Rovers and Sports as well when I owned those. Don't always get one back but hey!, not everyone notices the cars coming towards them. (Comically, I sometimes forget what car I'm in, and end up flashing and waving to an Evoque, when I'm in the Defender.)
ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2012 10:15am by ant.)
04-07-2012 10:13am
ChuckieB

Stopped bothering. They seem quite an "aloof" bunch!

Get more interest/recognition from other members of the LR/RR fraternity.

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
04-07-2012 11:48am
xxxx5

I regularly see a couple of RRE in my area and we always wave or flash our lights at each other.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
04-07-2012 12:39pm
ED209

(04-07-2012 08:49am)WorldTraveler Wrote:  I did this when I got my first BMW Mini only 2 months after it went to market back in the early 2000's, even the Classic Mini drivers gave a "High Five" .... I did try thjis again whn I got my Evoque, but alas I think most Evoque owners are "Snobbs" and prefer to ignore the gesture.

Lol we must have a very similar car history, mine was the 3rd customer car Fawdingtons delivered back in 2001. The attention that car got was crazy in the first weeks i had it, shame it was a heap of unreliable crap.

td4 Pure manual in orkney grey, auto wipers/lights, front fogs, spare wheel. carmats4u mats, travall dog guard. Collected 30/03/12.
04-07-2012 12:47pm
cutter7

Over the last 7 months i have attracted quite a few reactions from' non Evoque' drivers, it's not really a wave but more of a sort of knuckle shake! LaughingLaughing

04-07-2012 12:58pm