babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? (/Thread-Do-you-acknowledge-other-Evoque-drivers-on-the-road)

Pages: 1 2 3

Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - paulcon - 04-07-2012 08:45am

As my wife has branded me a 'geek' again for BRR forum activity it seems only right that when I collect my Evoque at the weekend I look to resume a practice that makes her cringe in embarrasment, a practice I buried several years ago when I sold my Elise and entered a period of German-ania.

I am of course referring to acknowledging fellow Evoque drivers on the roads. The question is, in practice....

'Is the Evoque special enough to warrant a drive-by 'high 5' to your fellow owners?'

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - WorldTraveler - 04-07-2012 08:49am

(04-07-2012 08:45am)paulcon Wrote:  As my wife has branded me a 'geek' again for BRR[/i] forum activity it seems only right that when I collect my Evoque at the weekend I look to resume a practice that makes her cringe in embarrasment, a practice I buried several years ago when I sold my Elise and entered a period of German-ania.

I am of course referring to acknowledging fellow Evoque drivers on the roads. The question is, in practice....

'Is the Evoque special enough to warrant a drive-by 'high 5' to your fellow owners?'

I did this when I got my first BMW Mini only 2 months after it went to market back in the early 2000's, even the Classic Mini drivers gave a "High Five" .... I did try thjis again whn I got my Evoque, but alas I think most Evoque owners are "Snobbs" and prefer to ignore the gesture.

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - RacingSnake - 04-07-2012 08:58am

As a long time owner of various smart cars, it's reasonably common with them... given the relative rarity of the evoque I thought I'd do the same.
I have so far waved at probably a dozen cars... not 1 has waved back.... in fact the last time I did it, my wife just said "don't do that". LOL

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - chiggy - 04-07-2012 09:18am

Sometimes - depends on how scary the other person is. but usually... yes.

often its just long hard stares at the other person's car

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - doug - 04-07-2012 09:31am

I'm to busy looking at the other Evoque, working out if it's better than mine to notice if there waving Laughing

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - ant - 04-07-2012 10:13am

I always do. Also with Defenders, MINIs, Minis, and Stags. I used to with Range Rovers and Sports as well when I owned those. Don't always get one back but hey!, not everyone notices the cars coming towards them. (Comically, I sometimes forget what car I'm in, and end up flashing and waving to an Evoque, when I'm in the Defender.)
ANT

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - ChuckieB - 04-07-2012 11:48am

Stopped bothering. They seem quite an "aloof" bunch!

Get more interest/recognition from other members of the LR/RR fraternity.

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - xxxx5 - 04-07-2012 12:39pm

I regularly see a couple of RRE in my area and we always wave or flash our lights at each other.

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - ED209 - 04-07-2012 12:47pm

(04-07-2012 08:49am)WorldTraveler Wrote:  I did this when I got my first BMW Mini only 2 months after it went to market back in the early 2000's, even the Classic Mini drivers gave a "High Five" .... I did try thjis again whn I got my Evoque, but alas I think most Evoque owners are "Snobbs" and prefer to ignore the gesture.

Lol we must have a very similar car history, mine was the 3rd customer car Fawdingtons delivered back in 2001. The attention that car got was crazy in the first weeks i had it, shame it was a heap of unreliable crap.

RE: Do you acknowledge other Evoque drivers on the road? - cutter7 - 04-07-2012 12:58pm

Over the last 7 months i have attracted quite a few reactions from' non Evoque' drivers, it's not really a wave but more of a sort of knuckle shake! LaughingLaughing