babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed (/Thread-Live-from-Goodwood-Festival-of-Speed)

Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - mark_n - 28-06-2012 07:34pm

For those who don't know it, Goodwood is Europe's largest motoring event and the first day takes the form of a moving motor show for those manufacturers with new models - potential customers can drive the cars around a small circuit.

LR presence is a stand with an interesting display of the Disco 4 body positioned above a complete chassis, very robustly built. The Evoque presence is limited a single white Si4 Coupe. I can only assume they don't want to stoke an already raging furnace of demand.

Then there's a separate LR Experience, again Disco 4 - 3 or 4 of them - with long queues of people waiting their turn. Chatty LR drivers, capable car.

Elsewhere, there are one or two custom Evoques, usual wheel and leather jobs.

Overall, a bit lame from the Evoque point of view but enough to keep this petrol-head busy for the 4 days.

RE: Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - Evo-king - 28-06-2012 07:41pm

Are you participating or just visiting Mark?

RE: Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - mark_n - 28-06-2012 08:09pm

No, just visiting. With the likes of Jenson Button and Stirling Moss participating, I'm man enough to admit my driving skills aren't up to it. If they need some other people though, I know of a certain Northern Californian BMW driver who thinks he's really good. Wink

RE: Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - Evo-king - 28-06-2012 08:14pm

Enjoy it then, who knows you might pick up some good driving tips WinkWink

RE: Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - Radeco - 28-06-2012 09:24pm

Now then -- just remember we are the lucky ones. Laughing

RE: Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - xxxx5 - 29-06-2012 08:42am

Mark any chance of some pictures?

RE: Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - mark_n - 29-06-2012 09:22am

Yes, will post some pictures when I'm back.

RE: Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - SebM - 29-06-2012 09:33am

Enjoy !!!!! Goodwood is THE event !!! I went once for Revival in 2004, since I want to come back... Revival and Festival of Speed... hope next year...

RE: Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - XFullFatTim - 29-06-2012 12:58pm

Disco 4 and RRS are designed with lift off bodies - even for some routine items the dealers lift the entire body off to get easy access to the running gear. It is essential for some repairs IIRC some of the jobs at the back of the engine require
body off access so it just unbolts. Looks impressive when you see it being done too

RE: Live from Goodwood Festival of Speed - IKM - 29-06-2012 10:01pm

(28-06-2012 08:09pm)mark_n Wrote:  No, just visiting. With the likes of Jenson Button and Stirling Moss participating, I'm man enough to admit my driving skills aren't up to it. If they need some other people though, I know of a certain Northern Californian BMW driver who thinks he's really good. Wink
Californian man is too busy selling BMWs to be driving! Must be great though to see Sir Stirling Moss.