babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
cant wait to see these rivals... - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Photos & Video (/Forum-Photos-Video)
+--- Thread: cant wait to see these rivals... (/Thread-cant-wait-to-see-these-rivals)

Pages: 1 2 3

cant wait to see these rivals... - mambok - 04-06-2012 04:39am

[Image: 2014-Mercedes-MLC-SUV-Coupé.png]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=582694&d=1316631159]

Looking forward to trade in my evoque with benz if not x4...

RE: cant wait to see these rivals... - evoquemayne - 04-06-2012 05:17am

Looks like a step forward from the GLK for Mercedes, as that was not pretty and merely a scaled down GL. As for that X4, trying to scale down the X6 simply scales down the level of atrocity that it was.

Love the fact that instead of just making a smaller RRS of FFRR, LR realised that a smaller package needs something different.

RE: cant wait to see these rivals... - headturner - 04-06-2012 06:57am

both look like Station wagons on steroids...no way compare to the evoques Wink

RE: cant wait to see these rivals... - invoke - 04-06-2012 12:50pm

My favorite brands... beside i like curves.. cause its nature and natural...

RE: cant wait to see these rivals... - Neo - 04-06-2012 01:09pm

The MLC looks good front and sideways but the interior is so hideous! The X4 is a joke, same as the Audi Q3, both uninspiring.

RE: cant wait to see these rivals... - LDT - 04-06-2012 01:22pm

I like the look of the Merc, but not the BMW.

My last few cars have been Mercs and have never let me down, so I do have loyalty to the brand. Only time will tell if I feel the same about Range Rover.

RE: cant wait to see these rivals... - XFullFatTim - 04-06-2012 04:31pm

Sorry but both look like attempts to polish turds

RE: cant wait to see these rivals... - Earth Rover - 04-06-2012 10:25pm

That's interesting. Actually I drive a Mercedes B-Class now and thinking about my next car. Should be not so big, but not with less room than the (old) B-Class.

I detected the Evoque - looked impressive and big from far, but not so big waiting directly behind him. So I started to find out more.

The Evoque has nearly the same size inside as the B-Class, for passengers and cargo - so it could be really an alternative.

The new Mercedes design lines are so ugly. The new B-Class, the A-Class und the shown car above is exactly the same. A reason for me to escape! BMW is getting strange also. Rears are looking quite good, front designs get more and more ugly, side views are looking strange and boring. The BMW Z4 is an exeption - looks great, but so called SUVs don't.

The Evoque is pure beauty and elegance - a former feature of Mercedes ... Curves can look fantastic too - e.g. here: http://coolerthanbefore.tumblr.com/ - , but not as shown in this Mercedes car above.

(But why you can't open the pan roof of the Evoque ...)

RE: cant wait to see these rivals... - IKM - 04-06-2012 11:07pm

I understand that the Merc will be LHD only (unfortunately), so we can rule that one out in UK.

RE: cant wait to see these rivals... - mambok - 05-06-2012 03:35am

Looking at the Merc now, my Evoque seems so obsolete... I'll buy this bold and classy look in a wink...

[Image: evoque_5door_silver_0381.jpg]
[img][Image: 2014-Mercedes-MLC-SUV-Coupé.png]

Beside my Evoque is not more than a piece of rattle box with poor craftsmanship.... dealers and service people are the same "crap".. My first and last LR this is.