babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Orders (/Forum-Orders)
+--- Thread: Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? (/Thread-Wait-for-62-plate-or-take-the-12-what-would-you-do)

Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - Vc - 28-05-2012 03:44pm

In a bit of a quandary, Dealer has advised that my Evoque will be ready at the end of July (hasn't given me the actual build date). Bearing in mind I'm going to keep this car for at least 5 yrs but probably closer to 10, should I hold out for the 62 plate on 1st Sept or take it on the 12 plate at the end of July?

Practical me says take in Sept and save some extra deposit but impatient me (typical woman lol) says have it ASAP. I mean is there really going to be that much difference in resale price between a 12 and 62 plate?

Would appreciate people's thoughts on this Very Happy

Cheers

RE: Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - Straydox - 28-05-2012 04:10pm

(28-05-2012 03:44pm)Vc Wrote:  In a bit of a quandary, Dealer has advised that my Evoque will be ready at the end of July (hasn't given me the actual build date). Bearing in mind I'm going to keep this car for at least 5 yrs but probably closer to 10, should I hold out for the 62 plate on 1st Sept or take it on the 12 plate at the end of July?

Practical me says take in Sept and save some extra deposit but impatient me (typical woman lol) says have it ASAP. I mean is there really going to be that much difference in resale price between a 12 and 62 plate?

Would appreciate people's thoughts on this Very Happy

Cheers

Take it as soon as you can - as you plan to keep it for so long it really won't matter a jot.

RE: Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - caroline11000 - 28-05-2012 04:15pm

I wouldn't wait, I'm not sure it will make a huge difference in the value of the car if you intend to keep it for several years, take it soon as and enjoy!

RE: Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - Craig_d1 - 28-05-2012 05:59pm

If you were going to keep it 2-3 years I'd say wait, as some people do tend to look at the plate of a car first before checking when the car was 1st registered, but if yiu're keeping it 5yrs+, the depreciation curve would of flattened out and the value will be more effected by condition and mileage IMHO. So I'd take it and enjoy it, unless you like the idea of being one of the first people to drive a 62 plate.

RE: Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - cjfp - 28-05-2012 06:30pm

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Why-wait-for-62-reg

RE: Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - Neo - 29-05-2012 11:01am

I still don't know what this 62 plate is all about?

RE: Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - BrilliantEvoque - 29-05-2012 11:31am

I was a similar situation as you. My earlier delivery date was 27 Sep 2012, which upon calling up a few different dealers got pushed early to 10 July 2012. As I also plan to keep the car for long time, I have gone with the dealer delivering the car in July. At the end of the day it is your call of the perceived user value - do you value getting the car early or the 62 registration plate and the benfits of each.

RE: Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - cjfp - 29-05-2012 02:03pm

(29-05-2012 11:01am)Neo Wrote:  I still don't know what this 62 plate is all about?

That's because you're in Aus. It's how our registration plate system works.

RE: Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - Vc - 29-05-2012 04:23pm

Thanks for all your thoughts peeps, July it is Very Happy.

So now I am a tinsy winsy bit excited Smile. Ok I admit it, I'm busting with happiness, this week has been fab so far. News on the car yesterday and a job offer today Very Happy good luck comes in three's so I think I'll be getting a lottery ticket this week Laughing

RE: Wait for 62 plate or take the 12 - what would you do? - Evo-king - 29-05-2012 09:49pm

Good shout, you could also contemplate a cherished plate.