Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Cold in the back.
Evo-king

Cold in the back.

Driving back from an outing this evening, through some torrential downpours, 4 adults in the car, I had the heater setting at around 20C.

My son complained it was cold in the back and could I turn up the heat, I raised the settings a couple of notches.

When we got home he said it was freezing in the back.

I read some where else on here that you cannot get it warm in the back. Frustrating if it is the case.

Normally we would not have 4 in the car, but today was just a little adventure and an excuse for a run out.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
07-05-2012 08:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

RE: Cold in the back.

(07-05-2012 08:40pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Driving back from an outing this evening, through some torrential downpours, 4 adults in the car, I had the heater setting at around 20C.

My son complained it was cold in the back and could I turn up the heat, I raised the settings a couple of notches.

When we got home he said it was freezing in the back.

I read some where else on here that you cannot get it warm in the back. Frustrating if it is the case.

Normally we would not have 4 in the car, but today was just a little adventure and an excuse for a run out.

Yep, the heater is pretty crap full stop!! In my BMW have it set to 18 and it keeps you warm, in the Evoque it needs to be around 23-24 to give the same warmth!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
07-05-2012 09:13pm
doug

Another reason that the rear vents should be a option in the UK, without the RSE pack.
I wanted them to help keep the back cool. but from what you are saying, are needed to add heat in the rear area (if they can blow out hot air that is).

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
07-05-2012 09:46pm
The Valeter

Strange that as I have just got back from a trip to Heathrow & coming down the A2 I was cold & it was on 20c with no aircon on so put it up a tadd.
(07-05-2012 09:46pm)doug Wrote:  Another reason that the rear vents should be a option in the UK, without the RSE pack.
I wanted them to help keep the back cool. but from what you are saying, are needed to add heat in the rear area (if they can blow out hot air that is).

I don't have any rear vents in mine Shocked Or is that normal on a Dynamic?

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 09:57pm by The Valeter.)
07-05-2012 09:55pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Kimv

Cold in the back.

(07-05-2012 09:55pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Strange that as I have just got back from a trip to Heathrow & coming down the A2 I was cold & it was on 20c with no aircon on so put it up a tadd.

I don't have any rear vents in mine Shocked Or is that normal on a Dynamic?

Here it was an option... To have rear vents...
A 100€ option... Some guy thought "let's make it an option because if it's standard it will be 100€ more and we'll lose customers!"

Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Tech Pack, Santorini Black, Verve Interior with Ebony headlining, Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Solar Attenuating Glass, Style 7 Alloys, Adaptive Dynamics.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2012 10:02pm by Kimv.)
07-05-2012 10:00pm
cjfp

Here it was an option too - until it mysteriously disappeared and it was removed from orders!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
07-05-2012 10:06pm
doug

(07-05-2012 10:00pm)Kimv Wrote:  Here it was an option... To have rear vents...
A 100€ option... Some guy thought "let's make it an option because if it's standard it will be 100€ more and we'll lose customers!"

When I first put my order in at the dealers, it was on the price list @£95.00. But was taken off the UK Market Sad

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
07-05-2012 10:09pm
Cedric

I find it more important to have cold air than hot in the back. Having said that and having paid 200 euro, you'd expect both. Anyways, I will test it when I get mine next week.

Another question would be if you can set the temperature of the cold air to a certain extend, given the fact there is no heat.
07-05-2012 10:40pm
olde

Rear heat is one of the items in the online petition, in case you wish to sign it. They are air vents, not heated air vents.
So, basically, they blow at about the same temperature as the metal on the underside of the car.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
08-05-2012 03:36am
Michelle

(07-05-2012 10:09pm)doug Wrote:  When I first put my order in at the dealers, it was on the price list @£95.00. But was taken off the UK Market Sad

I ordered them, we'll see if i get them

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
08-05-2012 06:22am