babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New to the brand or old hand? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: New to the brand or old hand? (/Thread-New-to-the-brand-or-old-hand)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - XFullFatTim - 03-05-2012 11:04pm

Most I have kept for 2.5 - 3 years, the shortest I have kept one is the 2010MY FFRR which I purchased in August 2010 when my TDv8 RRS fell out of warranty and I wanted another 3.6TDv8 but LR stopped making them and started making the 4.4TDv8 which didn't fit in the RRS engine bay. It was purchased as a stop gap as within a couple of months of buying it I put down a deposit on what was then the LRX in the hope it might go into production and went on 9th Sept 2011 when my Evoque was delivered. My Defender I have owned for 10 years, it is my toy/ weekend car, runs like a sewing machine (except a bit noisier) and is great fun. I have usually shifted them on when I feel like having a newer car or even the latest model. It's my "vice" as I don't smoke or drink but probably spend more in depreciation on nice cars than if I did!

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - Mudi1 - 03-05-2012 11:09pm

So why go through them so quick? Is it for trade-in so you always have anew car for only a few thousand more?

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - J77 - 04-05-2012 10:04pm

I'm already thinking about the next one. Would like to go back to the Disco, probably the commercial and do a bit of touring when not at work and just sleep in the back of it. My last Fl2 only lasted a year. Put a deposit down on the LRX and waited, then due to lack of info from LR I changed my mind and went with the facelift Fl2. The media hype over the Evoque was to much for a LR nut like me to resist so paid another deposit and waited again.

Such is life.

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - DiscoDad - 04-05-2012 10:21pm

1992 RR Classic Vogue SE
2007 Discovery 3 XS
2010 Discovery 4 HSE

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - xxxx5 - 04-05-2012 10:32pm

New to the brand, not sure I would buy another. Dealers have not been great, not sure they deserve the custom at times for such great car.

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - Claud - 04-05-2012 10:51pm

It is my seventh LR, Disco 3 and Vogue SE TDV8 have now gone.

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - The Valeter - 04-05-2012 11:40pm

(04-05-2012 10:04pm)J77 Wrote:  I'm already thinking about the next one. Would like to go back to the Disco, probably the commercial and do a bit of touring when not at work and just sleep in the back of it. My last Fl2 only lasted a year. Put a deposit down on the LRX and waited, then due to lack of info from LR I changed my mind and went with the facelift Fl2. The media hype over the Evoque was to much for a LR nut like me to resist so paid another deposit and waited again.

Such is life.

Did you lose the first deposit ?
(04-05-2012 10:32pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  New to the brand, not sure I would buy another. Dealers have not been great, not sure they deserve the custom at times for such great car.

It has always been part of LR & Rover/MG ownership = generally not very enthusiastic dealers but the cars become part of you & grow on you!! as well as their problems....Rolling Eyes

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - J77 - 05-05-2012 06:43am

No, the deposit was transferred to the Fl2.