babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
New to the brand or old hand? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: New to the brand or old hand? (/Thread-New-to-the-brand-or-old-hand)

Pages: 1 2 3

New to the brand or old hand? - XFullFatTim - 03-05-2012 06:24pm

Land Rover reckoned that 80% of sales of the Evoque would be conquest sales to people who had never owned a Land or Range Rover product before. So?

New to the brand or old hand? - Kimv - 03-05-2012 06:28pm

I had a Land Rover Defender 110 before. It was slow, heavy, not very comfortable, consumed liters of diesel,.... But it was the best car I ever owned...

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - The Valeter - 03-05-2012 06:31pm

Had a Freelander 1 in 2001 for 2 years but that was only because it was designed by Gerry McGovern as in part of Rover Group & that there was no Rover estate car then but sold it for a 75 Tourer top of range, then a FL2 in 2009 for 2 years.

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - Mudi1 - 03-05-2012 06:33pm

Yep, I am new to the brand, the reason was that although I had always wanted an RR, living in a busy town, I could never justify driving around the narrow streets in a 'Chelsea Tractor' and the MPG was also a negative. However, when I saw the evoque on the cover of a landrover mag, the smaller statute (even if only in height) and the 2.2 litre engine made it a perfect combination for me to justify buying one at last.

So sorry To be the kind that you country folk (bumpkins) probably hate for pinching your brand!

So nice to acquaint with you though xfft Very Happy

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - MartinP - 03-05-2012 06:38pm

I'm a newbie to and getting snowed in during winter was a major influence on the decision to change.

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - Mudi1 - 03-05-2012 06:47pm

(03-05-2012 06:38pm)MartinP Wrote:  I'm a newbie to and getting snowed in during winter was a major influence on the decision to change.

Absolutely agree there Martin, I had been looking for a new car for the past two years for the same reason. That was also my trying to convince my family of my having this particular vehicle. (I felt I had to justify buying a brand new car).

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - Sarcastrix - 03-05-2012 07:08pm

First one i've owned myself but have driven many 1000s of km in various MOD versions.

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - Coolbanana - 03-05-2012 07:21pm

I had a LR Discovery 4 prior to the Evoque.

My Dad has had a 110 Defender and Discovery 3, both of which I've driven so have experience of the brand prior to ownership too.

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - Radeco - 03-05-2012 09:20pm

Too many cars to list here but for the quick history:
Series 2A
LHD 90
MOD 90
Defender 90
Cavalier GSI
Shogun Pinin
Love Land Rover - now Love RANGE ROVER. Very Happy

RE: New to the brand or old hand? - ChuckieB - 03-05-2012 09:40pm

Suspect I've always have had a hankering for one since first release in 1970. Never thought I'd actually ever own one.

Got fed up with not being able to venture out in poor weather. Yes I know a good set of winters would have probably done but hey if you are wanting 4wd you might as well have one with a bit of pedigree!