babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Regional Discussions (/Forum-Regional-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Australia & New Zealand (/Forum-Australia-New-Zealand)
+--- Thread: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! (/Thread-Dealer-called-Si4-out-of-production-until-August)

Pages: 1 2

Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - Isotonic - 03-05-2012 02:45pm

I ordered my Si4 Dynamic a couple of months ago, for a July/August delivery. The dealer called yesterday to say that the production of all petrol models has been pushed back until August, for November delivery. Asked if I wanted to to test-drive the diesel instead.

There's no mention of it here in the forums. Shenanigans? Maybe I got too good a deal and they want to give someone else my slot. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I guess I'll call LR tomorrow.

I'm pretty over the whole thing, to be honest.

RE: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - chiggy - 03-05-2012 03:18pm

I was at the dealers the other day and he said they were expecting a bit of a blowout on Evoque production but he didn't say why. I asked and he said not sure but just what he's heard.

RE: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - Neo - 03-05-2012 03:26pm

Might be worth while asking Nick@LandRover on this Forum for some answers? Does this affect the Diesel builds?

RE: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - Straydox - 03-05-2012 03:36pm

(03-05-2012 02:45pm)Isotonic Wrote:  I ordered my Si4 Dynamic a couple of months ago, for a July/August delivery. The dealer called yesterday to say that the production of all petrol models has been pushed back until August, for November delivery. Asked if I wanted to to test-drive the diesel instead.

There's no mention of it here in the forums. Shenanigans? Maybe I got too good a deal and they want to give someone else my slot. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I guess I'll call LR tomorrow.

I'm pretty over the whole thing, to be honest.

There have been rumours of a more powerful, cleaner and lower fuel consumption 1.8 Turbo engine for the Evoque and by the dates you have indicated perhaps something for the 2013 model year - maybe linked to an auto box worthy of the Evoque's 21st century design perhaps.

RE: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - hondafreak - 03-05-2012 03:43pm

(03-05-2012 03:26pm)Neo Wrote:  Might be worth while asking Nick@LandRover on this Forum for some answers? Does this affect the Diesel builds?

My Dealer told me today that i probably have to wait till end of July with my SD4 Auto. That makes 9 Months wait!Mad

RE: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - Isotonic - 03-05-2012 04:13pm

I think I'll just cancel and wait to see what next year's model brings. Wait 9 months to pick up a '12 model in November/December? No thanks.

Where does that leave me regarding my deposit?

RE: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - The Valeter - 03-05-2012 05:31pm

(03-05-2012 03:18pm)chiggy Wrote:  I was at the dealers the other day and he said they were expecting a bit of a blowout on Evoque production but he didn't say why. I asked and he said not sure but just what he's heard.

What do they mean "Blowout"?

RE: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - Hamsey - 04-05-2012 04:32am

I ordered mi Si4 back in the middle of February and received a call from Barbagallo on Wednesday to advise me the same. I'd originally been told an April build with June delivery. Until I saw this post I thought that they may have been playing funny bug**ers and given my build to someone who, how can I say it diplomatically, 'had not negotiated as hard on price as I had...'

Very disappointed and now deciding what to do as I was keen on the car, but I needed to be into the new car by end of June.

RE: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - Isotonic - 04-05-2012 05:18am

(04-05-2012 04:32am)Hamsey Wrote:  I ordered mi Si4 back in the middle of February and received a call from Barbagallo on Wednesday to advise me the same. I'd originally been told an April build with June delivery. Until I saw this post I thought that they may have been playing funny bug**ers and given my build to someone who, how can I say it diplomatically, 'had not negotiated as hard on price as I had...'

Very disappointed and now deciding what to do as I was keen on the car, but I needed to be into the new car by end of June.

Exactly what I thought. I guess it's legit then. I want to cancel now but I put a $5k deposit down for some stupid reason. I'll have to check the wording of the contract. I've since realised I should have stipulated that the deposit is to be refundable if the car isn't delivered within agreed period.

RE: Dealer called... Si4 out of production until August! - sethor - 04-05-2012 06:13am

If they can't honour their part of the contract they will have to refund the deposit. Maybe explain to them you really want the car & need something in June, you can squeeze them for an awesome deal on SD4.