babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Any upgrades on the TV reception? - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Any upgrades on the TV reception? (/Thread-Any-upgrades-on-the-TV-reception)

Any upgrades on the TV reception? - jitenc - 03-05-2012 02:04pm

I have the TV option and listen to the News in the morning driving to work. The only problem is that the reception gets cutting off while on the move.
Is there any aftermarket upgrades or aerial boosters such that the reception is good all the time?
Its frustrating as i wanted to have a TV as an option and make use it thoroughly...Sad

RE: Any upgrades on the TV reception? - Coolbanana - 03-05-2012 05:18pm

Dual View allows you to listen to the TV but as the Driver you just won't be able to see the News.

Or are you talking about reception generally? Mine is completely useless on the move! Works well when stopped though. Would be good if there was an aftermarket booster.

RE: Any upgrades on the TV reception? - XFullFatTim - 03-05-2012 05:26pm

The picture is required by law to be cut off when the car starts moving - there are modifications available that will by-pass this though IIRC it is something like Video in motion of something like that, also BAS has some sort of application that can allow TV on the move. Don't forget that TV signals are basically "line of sight" so if there is a large building/ hill / big truck close to you, between you and the transmitting antenna you won't get a good picture.

RE: Any upgrades on the TV reception? - The Valeter - 03-05-2012 05:27pm

I tried to tune in the TV but couldn't get BBC so havn't bothered since....Evil

RE: Any upgrades on the TV reception? - Donny Dog - 03-05-2012 05:47pm

Although I've only tried it occasionally (usually when my wife is driving me home from the pub!:lolSmile it's always worked fine on the move (obviously only on my side of the dual screen). That has mostly been BBC News (the one that comes on Channel 80 on Freeview).

My other car only has analogue, so that no longer works at all, but it was never very good at any time, so the Evoque's is a revelation with the digital TV system.

RE: Any upgrades on the TV reception? - jitenc - 03-05-2012 06:37pm

(03-05-2012 05:18pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  Dual View allows you to listen to the TV but as the Driver you just won't be able to see the News.

Or are you talking about reception generally? Mine is completely useless on the move! Works well when stopped though. Would be good if there was an aftermarket booster.

I am talking about the reception generally. I won't have TV on the go as i feel i would be distracted. Listening to the news and then loosing reception, gives me only half the story. So in my frustration, i have to watch the whole of the news at home. Think i need to revert to radio news...Crying